What's new
What's new

Newbie rebuild - 98 orig membrain/CRT- small "e"' all the time on the input line....

Hi guys,

Just today, my Haas VF0 that I've been operating for 3 months now (just oppened shop) started writing random lowercase "ggggg". At first I tought it was a keyboard issue, but found it weird because there's no direct lowercase keys.

After reboot, it still does it. Reading your post tells me it is a deeper issue. After starting writing letters, did your machine stop working altogether ?

I have some basic knowledge about electronics, but never replaced caps on a PCB myself. Should I bring the cards to a shop to have the caps replaced ?

Thanks !

Been suprer busy here on the ranch and day j-o-b sorry I missed this one.
It's all in there. I assume you took it out and anyone in PCB could read my notes and replace. It's a 10min while-u-wait job. That easy. (when you've done it for years). Way more time getting the boards out. A few tips:
Take lots of pictures as you pull apart.
Note the wiring connections and mark when needed. The Haas IDs fade and fall off.
Be careful on the bottom PBC buss connector ribbons. Those ears are easy to break off when brittle. Same place could crimp you a new one in 20mins if you buy the ribbon and connectors. (digi-key again).
Same for the molex power connectors. They are brittle careful
Same for the MoCon baord amp plugs.

Good luck.

Hi guys,

Just today, my Haas VF0 that I've been operating for 3 months now (just oppened shop) started writing random lowercase "ggggg". At first I tought it was a keyboard issue, but found it weird because there's no direct lowercase keys.

After reboot, it still does it. Reading your post tells me it is a deeper issue. After starting writing letters, did your machine stop working altogether ?

I have some basic knowledge about electronics, but never replaced caps on a PCB myself. Should I bring the cards to a shop to have the caps replaced ?

Thanks !

Back