What's new
What's new

Nice Sixis S103R I bought

Never seen that model before.... fascinating they went to the trouble of designing/making such an elaborate casting just for the on/off buttons...looks cool :smoking:

Kinda crude compared to the (similar size) Micron WF2 SA, however...;)

Last edited:
Beautiful rig. I'd like to find one of these in great condition stateside.
I can vouch for that ;-). I have a late 60s F5, which is mostly the same as my F4 but with Y having built-in power feed and more travel. The F5 has a swing arm to support the vertical head when removed. I think my F5 is the first iteration of that model. The main reason I keep the F5 is that I have a slotting head for it that I use occasionally.

My F4 is a gray square-head model from the late 70s, and has a slightly different vertical head, no vertical head crane, nor kluged-on Servo Y power feed. It is a fantastic machine in excellent condition. If I had a slotting head for the F4, I could be persuaded to sell the F5.

I’ve seen several older F4’s locally that all have fired up vertical ways. Did later F4’s and F5 have larger surfaces or better lube system?

rklopp, not interested in your F5, but I’m still kicking myself for not buying that nice F2 you had.

Nice Sixis!

I have also bought an 103. The older model with a ISO 30 taper.

I miss some parts of my horizontal support (the clamping part around the axis). Can you send some detailed pictures, so I can make it myself?

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-14 at 23.50.56.jpeg

Groeten,
Marwin (Also from Holland (; )

Nice Sixis!

I have also bought an 103. The older model with a ISO 30 taper.

I miss some parts of my horizontal support (the clamping part around the axis). Can you send some detailed pictures, so I can make it myself?

View attachment 374245

Groeten,
Marwin (Also from Holland (; )
You have all dimensions on your machine
Just measure them There is a drawing of the clamping part in the manual
Just a stud with 2 radiuses of the hor ramrods (or flats) milled on the head and a bolt to clamp
And the manual you can download on that french forum
https://passion-usinages.forumgratu...tils-manuels-docs-machinery-manuals-brochures

Peter

I know how to make it, but I want some pictures so I can make it to look original. I can't see any detailed pictures of the harbor support in the manual

Back