What's new
What's new

NOTICE - Practical Machinist down Mon. May 16 for 24 hours for forum software upgrade

Just a note that we will be making updates based on the community's feedback and other needs that might take the forum down in the next few days for short periods of time. (Posted Friday May 20)

Outgrown VBulletin....
Hi Don,

I noticed that one of my posts from March is missing all of the images. I think this might have happened during the forum software upgrade. Is there an admin that I can write to about this? The pictures are all hosted in PM albums, and are still there, but the links have gone missing. Perhaps this was during the upgrade, I'm not sure. I tried writing the Jessica but my email bounced back.

Cheers,
Bruce

Hi Don,

I noticed that one of my posts from March is missing all of the images. I think this might have happened during the forum software upgrade. Is there an admin that I can write to about this? The pictures are all hosted in PM albums, and are still there, but the links have gone missing. Perhaps this was during the upgrade, I'm not sure. I tried writing the Jessica but my email bounced back.

Cheers,
Bruce
Looking into it, but need the URL of the post in question. And FWIW, Jessica is no longer with PM … now we have Ines..... [email protected]

Last edited:
Hi Don,
thanks for the quick reply. Post is this one (#42 in the thread, all photo links are missing):
I'll also re-send the bounced email to Ines.
(One possibility is obviously that something in the script(s) that you used to modify or restructure the database in connection with the upgrade was not completely right. But perhaps this is unrelated to the upgrade.)
Cheers,
Bruce

PS: an update to this thread "how to post photos" would be a good idea:
Also, nowhere on the user interface are any "help" links. I agree that it makes sense to have that info in a forum. But users should always be able to find something that says "help", somewhere on the page (perhaps at the bottom, small print) which points them to that forum.

Hi Don, I wanted to report that your web team (thanks Ines!) came through, and the missing images have reappeared in the old posts. I am glad that this was done, because IMO a lot of the value of PM is that it serves as an archive of knowledge and information. The photos and images are critical for that, so I'm happy that they have not been lost. Cheers, Bruce

Back