What's new
What's new

O/T Change of format for this 'Board

And......... THAT's DONE! read threads are now in background. Thanks, fast work, and appreciated.

Bring back the option to change the style & look of the forum. Not fond at all of the "standard" look of this new forum. Would be nice to be able to customize the "look & style" by the end user.

Bring back the option to change the style & look of the forum. Not fond at all of the "standard" look of this new forum. Would be nice to be able to customize the "look & style" by the end user.
You are fighting city hall. The look and style is to deliver advertisements. Used to be that some ISPs and businesses either blocked or changed the ads to their own or removed them entirely.

That's what the 's' in 'https' is designed to prevent. Yes, it's about security -- but not you or my security. It's about the advertisements' security.

You used to be able to substitute your own CSS (cascading style sheets, that's what sets the layout of a website) to your own with a simple proxy but don't know if it's still possible. Definitely going to be harder now, even if you can still do it.

You can still block the ads tho :D

You are fighting city hall. The look and style is to deliver advertisements. Used to be that some ISPs and businesses either blocked or changed the ads to their own or removed them entirely.

That's what the 's' in 'https' is designed to prevent. Yes, it's about security -- but not you or my security. It's about the advertisements' security.

You used to be able to substitute your own CSS (cascading style sheets, that's what sets the layout of a website) to your own with a simple proxy but don't know if it's still possible. Definitely going to be harder now, even if you can still do it.

You can still block the ads tho :D
I spend a lot of time at another forum, advrider.com which also runs the same Xenforo as the forum software and you can still customize the "style" for your liking. I'm no software guy, but if they can do it, why can't PM forum do it? Advrider.com runs plenty of ads, I see other advrider.com users bitching about them, but I don't see any them :-)

FWIW I participate on 2 other boards that use Xenforo. I like Xenforo a LOT, and it's way better than Vbulletin in just about every way, IF it's set up accordingly. Both of those needed a bit of time to get right, there are so many options it took the admin teams of both boards a while to find and understand them all and make good use of them to the membership's satisfaction. Sort of like changing from Powerstation to NX. Not all will take to NX quickly. Give the admins some time to work.

If you haven't noticed, the Ignore function works differently in Xenforo. The posts of the members on your ignore list don't appear anywhere. The threads they start also don't appear. At All. Anywhere. Including search. If someone quotes one, you will see a notice that an ignored member has been quoted in the post but you don't need to see the text unless you choose to. That alone makes up for ANY other inconvenience IMO.
Does the new, Ignore function also prevent ignored members from viewing your posts? Ideally, would prefer seeing a "Blocked" option.

Back