What's new
What's new

O/T - Solidworks "Sketch endpoints and center points cannot be deleted..."

Terry Keeley

Titanium
Trying to finish a simple 2D sketch by deleting the points to make one continuous part so I can (hopefully) save it as a .dwg file.

When I try to delete the points it won't let me. Any ideas?

spider.jpg

Last edited:
It explained it to you in the message: you can't delete element end points or circle center points. They are part of the elements. They aren't going to affect anything.

I'm not sure on the current version but, I don't know if you can go from a sketch, straight to a DWG file. You may need to pad that sketch to give it some thickness and then create the drawing.

It explained it to you in the message: you can't delete element end points or circle center points. They are part of the elements. They aren't going to affect anything.

I'm not sure on the current version but, I don't know if you can go from a sketch, straight to a DWG file. You may need to pad that sketch to give it some thickness and then create the drawing.

Thanks, a buddy helped, it's 2018.

I just had to shade it, then I could save it as a .dwg (remove entities).

So easy when you know how...

The points also disappear if you "extrude boss" and turn the sketch into a part. From there; Click [save as] and select DXF, DWG or whatever other file type you prefer.

I like to do it that way so that I can also create a drawing from the part. I only use those 2d file types when sending something out for laser or waterjet though.

The points also disappear if you "extrude boss" and turn the sketch into a part. From there; Click [save as] and select DXF, DWG or whatever other file type you prefer.

I like to do it that way so that I can also create a drawing from the part. I only use those 2d file types when sending something out for laser or waterjet though.

Yup, he said to extrude it as well, was surprised to see it could be saved just by shading.

It's for a waterjet cut lovejoy coupling.

Spider dwg.jpg

Another way to do a quick 2d to send out for WJ or whatever is when you start a new file, make it a Drawing instead of a Part. It will draw in 2D only similar to Autocad and you can just save as a DXF directly from that.

Back