What's new
What's new

Ohh gol dammit am I going to regret buying a Milltronics bridgemill

Got it, thanks. Something that makes huge sense in MN or IA, but wouldn't be such a big deal out here in WA. (I don't miss IA winters.)

Sounds like in general one would want to prepare a stout floor for such a machine.

Its kind of a quick call but the Milltronics 150X travel bridge mill is short of what I need. It has been a great mill with almost zero learning curve but I am just a trucking quote from bidding on this monster. It has the travel I need but its a dinosaur that will most likely need custom replacement parts. My guess is that it will be $70K to bring this to Minnesota. A shop nearby has a 14' x 300' Cincinnatti they spent $250K just in shipping from Boeing. That's more than I want to spend. I don't know if I can get my numbers in time but here is the auction.

Hoff Online Auctions

Got it, thanks. Something that makes huge sense in MN or IA, but wouldn't be such a big deal out here in WA. (I don't miss IA winters.)

Sounds like in general one would want to prepare a stout floor for such a machine.

It is sitting on a 7" slab which is way overkill for this machine. It only weighs in around 20K. Our VF10 is 32K and that's a Haas, hell the saw weighs 11K.

Back