What's new
What's new

Okuma LB15 - Newbie questions

My zero tool almost never comes out. I set it this way so that, when changing jobs, if the tools are the same - and they frequently are - I just touch the zero tool to the part and off I go. Very fast and safe.

I gotcha, that's why I make my chuck face zero as described above, then I can measure my stickout with calipers and don't even need to put a tool to it, just put the value from the calipers at the top of my program under VZSHZ value.
On the other hand, you could touch off any tool in the machine and CAL at the value in the tool offset for that tool to get the same result.

I'm having the same issue the OP was having - I can't get a tool change to work. My origin in my chuck. Only using two tools - T010101 and T020202. X and Z offsets are set and correct. It freezes on tool change and won't continue. This is because I keep getting an X+ limit over travel error. I have a G0 X12 Z 5 before the T0x0x0x. It keeps hitting the soft limits. The soft limits are set as high as they can be. I know it's something about the way I'm doing it.

I'm new to the Okuma, and I know it's simple. Can someone show an example of how to program T010101, so some turning, then move the turret to the X+ limit, change to T020202, do some stuff, and back to T010101? I would really appreciate it.

I'm having the same issue the OP was having - I can't get a tool change to work. My origin in my chuck. Only using two tools - T010101 and T020202. X and Z offsets are set and correct. It freezes on tool change and won't continue. This is because I keep getting an X+ limit over travel error. I have a G0 X12 Z 5 before the T0x0x0x. It keeps hitting the soft limits. The soft limits are set as high as they can be. I know it's something about the way I'm doing it.

I'm new to the Okuma, and I know it's simple. Can someone show an example of how to program T010101, so some turning, then move the turret to the X+ limit, change to T020202, do some stuff, and back to T010101? I would really appreciate it.
@slodat

It depends on where the tool change is located.
For example, on mine, I would send the turret to :
G0 X20. Z20.
then do the tool change
T020202
then move
X.25 Z.25
etc.

Also, unlike Fanuc, the Tool ID number can also choose which TNR to use.
So:
T0101 - In both Fanuc and OSP land is First two digits - station number, second two digits, offset number.

HOWEVER - -
T010101 is : First two digits station number, second two digits offset number, third two digits, TNR number!

I have it running, but I don't understand it yet. It's something about G94/95/96/97. I have some learning to do.
Easy peasy!

G94 is feed in Inches Per Minute
G95 is feed in Inches Per Revolution of the spindle

G96 is speed in SFM or Surface Feet per Minute
G97 is speed in RPM or Revolutions Per Minute.

Easy peasy!

G94 is feed in Inches Per Minute
G95 is feed in Inches Per Revolution of the spindle

G96 is speed in SFM or Surface Feet per Minute
G97 is speed in RPM or Revolutions Per Minute.
How do these affect tool change? Is there a syntax thing I lucked into getting right?

Back