What's new
What's new

Okuma mill MC-4VA osp5000 RS232 problem

KenBCoop

Plastic
I have tried all recommended cable and parameter settings. I can receive files from the control but when I try to send it reads the filename and responds with tape filename ="Whatever name I have put in the file" then on the next line states "var id information reading" then after the timeout period is up it responds with timeout error 2134. It obviously is wired right because it reads the filename. What is making it stop at that point? Does anyone know? Is there a manual with specific low level RS232 protocols on this control?

I have tried a variety of first lines the manuals state as proper. Example: "$TEST1.MIN% CR,LF,O1,CR,LF,G90....M2,CR,LF %. I assume you know the CR, LF means carriage return and line feed and not text entered as such. Is there a manual by Okuma specifically for RS232 or a publication by someone else? The strange thing is it accepts and acknowledges the receipt of the filename and does not block the transmission of the file from the PC but does not acknowledge receipt of the file content.
I have 2 worn out rotator cuffs and can't stand typing on a keyboard above my shoulders so I hope someone has the solution.

My Okuma has the OSP5020m controller, but I imagine the syntax for calling programs and how programs should start is pretty similar. I don't normally call the program name in the code itself, if I want to call it from the computer via RS232, I use the auto key, program select, then call the .MIN file, (Part1.MIN), parenthesis are necessary. Then the program itself looks like this:

%
O1001
(T33 D=0.375 CR=0.03 - ZMIN=0. - bullnose end mill)
(T39 D=0.25 CR=0. TAPER=45deg - ZMIN=0.08 - chamfer mill)
G40 G80 G90 G94 G17
G20
G00 Z400.

(2D Contour9)
M09
M01
T33 M06
S2801 M03
M05
M09
G90 G00 Z400.
M02
%

I would try doing something like that, and if LF is required after each block throw that in there. Could only find the lathe controller programming manual online and it says LF is required after each block so maybe try with and without in a short dwell program or something if necessary.

Hope this helps.

Back