What's new
What's new

Okuma OSP 200L cheats and hacks to remove time wasting safety stuff.

doug925

Titanium
I have a '12 Genos L300M, and outside of remote mounting the door interlock, and being able to change the absolute x&z to the max distance from the chuck, what else is there?

Can the spindle be turned on at a M01 or M00? (think polish with scotch brite)
Is there a way to keep the turret moving towards / away from the spindle, with the chuck open or (not closed)
IS there a way to set part zero without using the tool that setup the tool probe?

Can I use a G54.55,g6, etc, WITHOUT a VFOZ or whatever it is called?

Can you use page down (in memory) to find the restart location, as opposed to the ↑ or ↓?

Can you keep work to tool XZC location of a tool, AFTER an MDI commanded move to a point, and AFTER you switch back into handwheel?

Is there a way to see cycle time outside of 'load meter'?
Is there a way to cancel a G40 in X other than a 4X TNR move in X?
Can the same thing be accomplished in z with a 1xTNR move? (G1 or G00?)

Can tool items for part off tools be graphically displayed, when the tool is tagged from the back side? (IE, part off at 1" long, meaning:
g00 x1.1
z-1.
g1 x-0.01 f0.003

I will probably have more to ask, but that is all I can think of for now.

Anybody got any other time savings cheats?

Thanks,

Doug

I have an '00 with U10L so this might not all apply to you but...

Turn spindle on at M0/M1: You can push spindle jog, but max RPM is 50 when the door is open.

Keep turret moving with chuck open: switch to IPM feed (G94/G95)?

Setting part zero: I don't have a presetter but what I did was set the face of the turret to the chuck with a 123 block. This is permanently my part zero.
I touch all tools off the 123 block so my tool offsets are always how far away from the turret face. Just like the gage length offsets on a mill.
Now I caliper from the 123 block to face of the work piece and put that measurement in V41.
At the beginning of each program I have a line VZSHZ=V41. This shifts the part zero by the amount in V41.

Use G54, 55 etc: Don't think mine has that option. I use VZSHZ.

Restart location: I use an N number at the beginning of each tool and search for that. ie: N4
In the upper right of the screen the control keeps track of the number of blocks processed. If you hit feed hold in the middle of a tool and note that number, you can also restart at that block in the middle of a tool. I've done it in the middle of a really long roughing canned cycle to change out an insert.

Seeing cycle time: On mine it displays on the graphics page.

Cancel G40: You have to make some kind of move as far as I know. I usually cancel it when the tool homes. G40 G0 X20 Z20

That's all I can help with.

Lots of good questions. I’ll answer the one at the beginning. At the end of the program, and you need to turn the spindle on to polish, file, etc, add this to the program:

G00G97S300X20.Z20. M5M9
M00
M02

This allows you to manually turn the spindle on and do what you need to do. It also allow you to unchuck that finished part, chuck the next one, and spin the new part to check concentricity, parallelism, etc. If everything is solid and bulletproof on you setup and you don’t need to check by spinning the part, change the M00 to M01.

I'm not sure on the new controls, but my old OSP 5000L had "Cycle Time Reduction Function" and my dad, who bought the machine new, had to sign a waiver. With it, you can index the turret on the fly, start/stop the spindle/coolant without waiting for confirmation, etc.

I'm not sure on the new controls, but my old OSP 5000L had "Cycle Time Reduction Function" and my dad, who bought the machine new, had to sign a waiver. With it, you can index the turret on the fly, start/stop the spindle/coolant without waiting for confirmation, etc.
New controls have this built in from the factory software. No waiver required but the door interlocks are extremely strict looking for door open and door close. (Both 2021, and 2022 Okuma LB3000EXII-800-MYW's of mine are like this)

Back