What's new
What's new

OKUMA OSP700L Program loading

Pistonring12

Plastic
First time doing a setup on an Okuma crown 762e. Control is an OSP700L. Can anyone advise me on the procedure for loading programs into the machine via the RS-232 port connected to my laptop. Also is there a specific file format this machine requires (example: My mazak's require programs to end with .EIA to even see them) Any help would be appreciated.

File format is .MIN
Unfortunately I can't remember offhand the procedure, but if I was standing at the control I could easily do it.

I wanna say it's DATA PIP, then INPUT?
Okuma programs must start with a letter, can have up to 16 digits in the name.
for example:
OP1.MIN

As I said I'm using a laptop connected to the RS232 port. I am sending programs through Cimco, it says program has been uploaded but I can not see any data on the panel. If you can recall the steps that need to be taken on the controller would be much appreciated.

As I said I'm using a laptop connected to the RS232 port. I am sending programs through Cimco, it says program has been uploaded but I can not see any data on the panel. If you can recall the steps that need to be taken on the controller would be much appreciated.
Here's an older thread from another forum that might be of help.
the PIP sounds familiar. Data PIP, read, send program.

% and beginning and end
make sure it's a .min file obviously and starts with a letter not a number.

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/72766-forum.html

I finally figured it out incase anyone views this thread in future with the same problem. This is the method that worked for me. The steps on the controller are 1. press edit aux, 2. press PIP, 3. press read, 4. Type ",(what ever you want you program to be called.min, then press write. Then send program from Cimco. As m mtndew mentioned you need a percent sign bottom and top of program for the machine to even recognize it.

Back