What's new
What's new

One for the English !

kenny14

Plastic
What is it !!... appears to be some sort of drill press...whatever bolted to the front had the ability to swivel !.. very solidly constructed.
Stands 950mm tall. assumedly made in the UK.. BSF threads... one piece is marked J. Stubbs !

Attachments

• GEDC0744.JPG
    GEDC0744.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 61
  • GEDC0745.JPG
    GEDC0745.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 61
  • GEDC0747.JPG
    GEDC0747.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 61
Over-engineered? Not really ;) - have a look at my "Wolf 1 1/4" Heavy Duty Drill" and its press. 270 RPM, 2MT. It even comes with spares brushes, ideal in these far-flung parts of the empire.

Wolf made quite a few variations of this drill press, but I haven't seen one with a swivel mount. It could well be something else, as Thermite says.

BTW, this model drill and stand are still being made in India by Ralli Wolf.

Wolf & drill press 01.jpg Wolf & drill press 02.jpg Wolf & drill press 03.jpg Wolf & drill press 04.jpg

Wolf & drill press 06.jpg

Last edited:
Over-engineered? Not really ;) - have a look at my "Wolf 1 1/4" Heavy Duty Drill" and its press. 270 RPM, 2MT. It even comes with spares brushes, ideal in these far-flung parts of the empire.

Wolf made quite a few variations of this drill press, but I haven't seen one with a swivel mount. It could well be something else, as Thermite says.

BTW, this model drill and stand are still being made in India by Ralli Wolf.

View attachment 367997 View attachment 367998 View attachment 367999 View attachment 368000

View attachment 368001
Ah wolf , the best toughest drills ever made . A shame they are no more 🙁

Ah wolf , the best toughest drills ever made . A shame they are no more 🙁

Trigga72,

They live on in India, the Ralli Wolf website says they collaborated with Wolf from the 1960's:

My drill is the NW10 and they still use the same model numbers! Spares available. I wouldn't mind a new handle as mine has a welded repair.

Thermite or others with electrical knowledge:

Back in the day, I would never have used a metal-bodied power tool without an isolating transformer. Now I don't have an isolating transformer, so I don't use these tools.

Do you think the RCD (Residual Current Devise) built into plug boards etc. would protect the user if the drill body "livened up"?

My father saved a mans life back in the 1950's - the man was gripping both handles of a large metal-bodied drill, pushing towards the ground. No isolating transformer. Something went wrong electrically and he was unable to let go his grip on the drill. Dad saw what was happening and cut the power. We have 230 volt single phase here, so death was not unlikely.

Last edited:
WHy ! Doo you post ! And why use all the exclamation marks !
Your past history show you post ! pix of junk not related to Machining !
Are you a scrapper !
And at least TRY to compose a proper title !

Back