What's new
What's new

Optical Drip Sensor alarms. Older MacTurn. I'm dying here :-(

mkd

Stainless
Out of the blue, this fiber optic drip sensor just up and quit sending a signal when a drip occurs. So, within under a minute of locking the C-axis the machine alarms out.
The calibration routine attached doesn't seem to be helping, as step 5) never shows the "8" or "9". And it could be something i'm missing on the procedure, but a service tech also had the same issue. Not sure what the wire voltages should be or how to analyze a wiring diagram.
I've replaced the HPX-T light generator and got new fiber optic sensors through newegg. No change in behavior. Placing a piece of paper in the beam, produces a signal in the control and prevents the alram, which leads me to believe tweaking on the calibration procedure or something on this HPX-T might help.
UUUUUGGGGG.
I'm not a service tech, so any outside the box diagnostic tips would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• oil_drip_sensor.pdf
    566.3 KB · Views: 4
I don't know if you're a facebook person or not but the Okuma Users CNC group is a good one. There are a lot of service techs that will answer questions there as well as many "civilians" that are very knowledgeable. Might be worth a shot.

• Love
Reactions: mkd
I don't know if you're a facebook person or not but the Okuma Users CNC group is a good one. There are a lot of service techs that will answer questions there as well as many "civilians" that are very knowledgeable. Might be worth a shot.
I put in a request. See if they let me in. Thanks!

I'm not familiar with this machine but I've had issues with optical sensors not working as expected with translucent materials. You may need to adjust the sensitivity to pick up drips

Back