What's new
What's new

OT: Chinese spacecraft lands on moon

jCandlish

Titanium
A-screen-grab-of-live-TV--009.jpg

And then there were three.

A Chinese spacecraft has landed on the moon in the first "soft landing" since 1976.

Chinese spacecraft lands on moon | Science | theguardian.com

Chinese probe lands on the Moon as space programme gathers pace - Telegraph

BBC News - China lands Jade Rabbit robot rover on Moon

my family used to have a mfg business where we had allot of asian competition. When I told my Mom that the Chinese were on their way to the moon, she said "are they taking sewing machines with them?".

i know that doesnt make sense, but it was pretty funny.

Chinese spacecraft lands on moon ... where it promptly disintegrated in to a billion tiny pieces.

... a labour force that does NOT have a Vodka problem.

... but couldn't give the slightest damn about what they're doing, only when the their 12 hr shift is over so they can engage in the national sport of "Shop-ping" :rolleyes5:

PS I sure hope the real aircraft is better than the crap computer renderings of the "live feed".

In my experience, the stuff that the Chinese make for use in places like their equivalents of NASA or Boeing or McDonnell-Douglas, etc. is a heck of a lot different than the cheap crap that gets imported here. When you make things for space travel/exploration, price isn't the primary factor anymore like with the cheap exports.

The Chinese manufacturing base isn't as mature as ours, but they are able to fully utilize
today's technology to help them catch up. They not only have access to fora like this one to help them learn quicker, but also have many of the best companies from the U.S. And E.U. etc. pretty much giving their workforce free training and technological modernization. The pendulum has swung in their direction as far as prosperity and manufacturing, but that will in time swing back as they modernize and their standard of living begins to catch up with the rest of the world. Let's not forget that most of them aren't too far from living in sandals, walking down to the creek for a bath and crapping in a hole. Eventually they will no longer be a 2nd or 3rd world country. Then we'll have to worry about the next big one to step onto the ladder.

Certainly I think it great that China is continuing space science and exploration but..
We now have Asian Carp infesting out lakes. The Chinese moon rover is called Jade Rabbit named after the Chinese fabled rabbits of the moon.

If the there is any true origin of rabbits on the moon and if this rover is the least bit organic we may end up with a high bred new invasive rabbit species to bring back to earth. That may be why we keep seeing rabbit intelligence on TV…. You know, that one that plays a drum.

Go figure.

In my experience, the stuff that the Chinese make for use in places like their equivalents of NASA or Boeing or McDonnell-Douglas, etc. is a heck of a lot different than the cheap crap that gets imported here. When you make things for space travel/exploration, price isn't the primary factor anymore like with the cheap exports.

The Chinese manufacturing base isn't as mature as ours, but they are able to fully utilize
today's technology to help them catch up. They not only have access to fora like this one to help them learn quicker, but also have many of the best companies from the U.S. And E.U. etc. pretty much giving their workforce free training and technological modernization. The pendulum has swung in their direction as far as prosperity and manufacturing, but that will in time swing back as they modernize and their standard of living begins to catch up with the rest of the world. Let's not forget that most of them aren't too far from living in sandals, walking down to the creek for a bath and crapping in a hole. Eventually they will no longer be a 2nd or 3rd world country. Then we'll have to worry about the next big one to step onto the ladder.

"and crapping in a hole"

Night farming is the term for taking your dump out in the crop field. It was the cause of an out break of dysentery a few years back at a number of American colleges and was traced to green beans from night farming farms in China. The cans were sent to a relabeling shop in Hong Cong for a non night farming label.
Night soil:
http://www.agroecology.org/Case Studies/nightsoil.html

Fertilizer 8-12-13:
http://www.chinafile.com/china-s-urban-sludge-dilemma-sinking-stink

I'm tired of having to correct people when they say China makes junk. The sooner we all realize how good most of their products are the sooner we can wake up to the fact that they have pretty much hollowed out Americas manufacturing capability and aren't going to stop until they get it all.

Jake

I'm tired of having to correct people when they say China makes junk. The sooner we all realize how good most of their products are the sooner we can wake up to the fact that they have pretty much hollowed out Americas manufacturing capability and aren't going to stop until they get it all.

Jake

Jake there's nothing wrong with the technology there, but everything wrong with the quality control. There is absolutely zero personal quality control by the typical worker, who couldn't care less about what part of the gear chain they happen to sit in, if they even know it is they're making.

_71736298_71736262.jpg

Front page news everywhere except the USA.

NYT, Washingtonpost, Chigago Trib ... all buried the story.

Presently the NY Times' lead story is about "The All-Japan Phone-Answering Competition". All the news that's fit to print. :nutter:

Back