What's new
What's new

OT: Covid-19 Confusion

If it was about the spread, why does Boris wait 10 days?
Are the figures down a bit - does he need another 10 days to ensure more people catch it and get the figures higher?

The control "thing" is a bit by bit chip away.
1st it was lockdown for a couple of weeks to allow the NHS/hospitals to not get overwhelmed. That's all.
Self employed weren't allowed to work? Registered people doing the same job were. So this forced the self employed on the black to go legit.
Hospitals have been empty for a long time.
But it all goes on and on.

Here's my observations ref the virus testing - anyone please correct if wrong because from what I've read the testing appears to be reliably unreliable.

Swab test
Kary Banks Mullis invented the PCR test, and won a Nobel for it.
His words ‘Do not use for diagnosis’.
Recent figures are.. 81% False positive.

Blood antibody test
The Anti-body test cannot differentiate between any of the 7+ Human Corona.
Corona virus covers about 7 Human ailments, from Common Cold to Sars and Mers.
Currently, according to the latest data, they have yet to isolate the CV19(84) virus and replicate the disease.
I also read that although it will tell you "yes you've had one of the 7", it can't tell you if you had it 20 year ago or last week.
And yet it gets counted as a +.

So as time goes on and more testing is done, more positives will be recorded either accurate or false.
But the important thing is deaths are still on the decline.

It is not just about control but forcing changes that would never be accepted without the fear created by 24/7 saturation coverage of "the pandemic". Part of the fear generation has been misleading the public about nearly every aspect of what has been occurring. Apparently most of the most severe illness and death is related to viral infection PLUS bacterial infection. This is why those with latent TB were among the hardest hit in the early days. It's also part of why nursing home patients and those hospitalized have been so hard hit. Such places are loaded with opportunistic bacteria that easily infect those with immune systems further weakened by virus and in close proximity with other very sick people.

It is all a giant numbers game and the game is rigged by presenting those numbers in a deceptive manner. No less a personage than the founder of the World Economic Forum has said that the Covid "crisis" provides the perfect opportunity for "The Great Reset", a major reconfiguration of the world economy and social structure.

As noted by many, the goalposts are constantly moved. First it's protect the old people, then it was "flatten the curve" to prevent overloading the health system and now it is apparently "remain on hold until further notice", with measures perhaps remaining in place even AFTER a vaccine is released and used. So who is onboard with maintaining a state of emergency? Big everything - big business, big government, big pharma, big media, and all the other major players. At the end the "little people" will be little more than serfs, with the lords of the universe deciding who is "essential" and who is not and controlling every aspect of economic and social activity. Unless the people wake up first.

Or about not spreading it if you are the many whom do not even know you have it.
How is it about control, one sees that said often but I do not understand.
What good about ruling over others or control of the masses comes from face masks to those in power?
Guess you also do not like speed limits.
Bob

It seems odd to me given all the other ways gov't controls us, that masks is what people focus on.

I liken this situation to that libertarian quote that your liberty to swing your fists ends where my nose begins. Your freedom to cough out your germs ends where my body begins. View your germs like tiny little fists.

And I don't mean you specifically Bob

Okaaaaay, what about this? Defunding police: What it means and what it could look like - CNN

Sure, maybe not all liberals call for eliminating police but many do.

View attachment 294117

Defunding is mostly in areas where police are the problem. If your town doesn't have an issue with abuse of power or corruption of police, then defunding wouldn't apply. But as an example, the atlanta police department has a budget of $250 million per year. I am pretty sure a portion of that money could be spent better elsewhere. It goes without saying, that police are asked to do more than they should. They shoudl stick strictly to law enforcement. And we should also consider getting rid of a lot of the laws we have to.

Crap. I blocked all the pinko Commies which doesn't leave much text anywhere on PM now that the infection has spread to the General sub. Used to be "How do I machine an internal keyway?" and now it's "Why Covid Restrictions Are Necessary To Save The World [subtext: From Trump]."

Yep, several have earned that spot in the last few weeks.

Best blood pressure cure I've found online.

Here is a short excerpt from an article put out yesterday about where some of the covid confusion comes from and what an end game could be:

So what could possibly be the motive behind Big Pharma’s Great Deception. Well there’s three answers, money, money and money. That brings up the treatment option that Big Pharma is promoting, Remdesivir. This lovely experimental drug, costs above $3,000 per regimen, must be given intravenously in a hospital (five days stay around 15 grand) and evidence shows it doesn’t really work.

The other treatment option is the promised Covid 19 vaccine that they allege is forthcoming. The NHS in Great Britain has committed to purchase a vaccine for the entire population of Great Britain. That’s a commitment of 80,000,000 doses at an agreed price of around $600 for each vaccination. That’s about $50,000,000,000. (50 Billion) That’s a lot of incentive to mislead people. This week, a US pharmaceutical company received $1.6 billion dollars towards their efforts to make this vaccine which in the opinion of many experts, won’t work on a coronavirus and will be untested and experimental.

How does Big Pharma have so much control over the dissemination of this information or should I say propaganda? Well, the same answer pops up again, money. Big Pharma gave $2 billion dollars during the last election cycle to US politicians. Big AG, the military/security complex and big oil each gave only a paltry $1.0 billion dollars to buy the votes of our political leadership.

The MSM counts Big Pharma’s advertising revenue at up to 80 percent of their income. The internet’s “masters of the universe” also kowtow to Big Pharma’s influence and advertising dollars by censoring anyone who tries to tell the American people the truth about Covid 19.

link to article:
The Great Covid-19 Deception and What You Need To Know To Survive - LewRockwell

Didn't read the article did you. You CAN read, yes?

Yes I did read it.

It says:

There's a growing group of dissenters who believe Americans can survive without law enforcement as we know it.
And Americans, those dissenters believe, may even be better off without it. The solution to police brutality and racial inequalities in policing is simple, supporters say: Just defund police.
(emphasis added)

And yes, it also says that many liberals don't agree, but I was refuting your point that no one wants to get rid of the police.

"may even be better off without it" That sure sounds like getting rid of cops to me.

I've known more than one practicing racist...and they'd probably take offense at the term "practicing racist" as they were experienced, no need to practice. The reality isn't that they are racist. They are white supremecists. Very different.

I don't know a good term, I have known people who will make fun of minorities and use racial slurs when the group of people they are directed at are not around. Had an elderly part time employee that did that a couple decades ago, a Korean war vet. In spite of him having a favorite racial epithet for every race and derogatory names for women, he treated everyone the same in their presence. So I shall say he wasn't harming anyone, but himself. So I suppose he was a non practicing racist.

Yes I did read it.

It says:

(emphasis added)

And yes, it also says that many liberals don't agree, but I was refuting your point that no one wants to get rid of the police.

"may even be better off without it" That sure sounds like getting rid of cops to me.

you do know what is the difference between "survive without law enforcement as we know it."and getting rid of the police?
the "as we know it " part does give it away

you do know what is the difference between "survive without law enforcement as we know it."and getting rid of the police?
the "as we know it " part does give it away

What about:

may even be better off without it

I know you hate to admit it but there are crackheads pushing for that. :skep:

ETA: What about the Seattle CHOP zone? That's precisely what the goal was there, to eliminate police.

Summer of Love.........ask them how that went. :nutter:

Here's my observations ref the virus testing - anyone please correct if wrong because from what I've read the testing appears to be reliably unreliable.

Swab test
Kary Banks Mullis invented the PCR test, and won a Nobel for it.
His words ‘Do not use for diagnosis’.
Recent figures are.. 81% False positive.

Blood antibody test
The Anti-body test cannot differentiate between any of the 7+ Human Corona.
Corona virus covers about 7 Human ailments, from Common Cold to Sars and Mers.
Currently, according to the latest data, they have yet to isolate the CV19(84) virus and replicate the disease.
I also read that although it will tell you "yes you've had one of the 7", it can't tell you if you had it 20 year ago or last week.
And yet it gets counted as a +.

So as time goes on and more testing is done, more positives will be recorded either accurate or false.
But the important thing is deaths are still on the decline.

You are wrong. On multiple counts. Further, how wrong you are depends on the actual test and procedure, and whether it's an IgG or IgM test, if it's an antibody test at all...best of all is quoting Mullis...because that little bit is just propaganda. You can't use PCR to quantify the AMOUNT of DNA material present, only whether or not it is there. That is, you can't use PCR alone to diagnose disease, it has to be used with symptom differentials.

Also, chances are, you won't test positive after a month or two from a natural infection. All coronaviruses tend to have rapid dropoff of neutralizing antibodies.

Specificity of COVID PCR...those are your search terms. If it's not peer reviewed or published by the FDA, it's not reliable. If you don't understand how to read the article, I'd suggest a college course that focuses on scientific literature.

But it doesn't matter much...people are flipping out right now, regardless of their background. I've been reading medical journals since high school and my analytical brain says "you are fine" but every time I cough my emotional state says "whaddup 'rona". Human nature.

I've been sick for about a week. Cough, difficulty breathing, post nasal discharge, dizziness. If I could get a doctor to look at me, they'd order a coronavirus test. There is nearly a 100% chance it would come negative, because not once have I had a fever or myalgia, and I've been pretty good about social distancing. I have allergies that turned in to bronchitis with a double ear infection. Happens every year. It will go away in a couple days. Doesn't change the fact that I keep wondering "what if".

It's real, it's concerning, it's life changing and it's not looking good. I didn't get that from CNN or any news media. I got that from JAMA, the Lancet, Emerging Infectious Diseases, etc. If ya'll choose not to trust those sources, that's fine, but do us all a favor stay the fuck out of the hospital no matter how dire...because those are where the treatment protocols come from as well.

Well, until Altamont...
Four years later. Plus the "fan" was headed to the stage with a gun. HA got a bum rap for that. And the stones were not the "peace, love, good vibes" group ...

Also, Altamont is more of a Stockton-type place, full of low-life reactionaries ...

We won a race there once, beat Davey Hamilton head-to-head. He was driving Rosen's car, no slouch. Was a high point for us :)

Four years later. Plus the "fan" was headed to the stage with a gun. HA got a bum rap for that. And the stones were not the "peace, love, good vibes" group ...

Hunter was an idiot for bringing a gun to the concert, I'll grant you that. But the way he was savaged by the HA's after he was disarmed was full-on animalism, so beyond the pale that it should not be accepted. Worse even than kneeling on a helpless man's neck for almost nine minutes until he's dead...

On-topic: White House to "massage" Covid data before it gets to the researchers

In "not a surprise" news, djt appointees want to "adjust" the data coming from hospitals around the nation before it's released to the CDC and medical researchers.

Have no fear, Dr. Drumpf is on the case! Now, which one of these is the bone saw? And where did I leave my bleach?

HHS confirms coronavirus hospital data will now be sent to DC instead of CDC - CNNPolitics

[Apologies if this has already been posted]

Back