What's new
What's new

OT: Covid-19 Confusion

Is this TRUE?

C&P

New England Journal of Medicine: Masks outside of health facility offer no protection

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

"We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic."

In simple language so you can understand ,if you are fearful, stay away! How much "less" expression is enough? There are no facts, are there. Go hide in your hole.
Can a person, not ill, infect others? by Astral projection?

Connecticut says it found testing flaw, 90 false positives | Covid-19 | thewesterlysun.com

Not ill in what sense? Being ill, or actually knowing you are ill? Those are two different things, and as noted in the article you posted, said a mask helps to prevent the transmission in those instances.

Especially if Bill Gates has his way. He is on the record as saying an "Immunity Passport" (with a record of ALL vaccinations) should be required to resume normal activities.

Well, amazingly enough, you USED to have to have smallpox and a few other immunisations to travel overseas when I was young. Requiring such a thing is absolutely nothing new, the requirement goes back a long way.

No doubt you're one of the mass of US citizens who've never had a passport or left your own country so this fact passed you by.

PDW

We've gone through this a thousand times now but you still keep bringing that same bowl of dogshit to the table.

It's getting really annoying.

Yep, wear masks, save lives!:D
giphy.gif

Yep, wear masks, save lives!:D
giphy.gif

I had a blood test yesterday
The tech doing the jabbing and filing vials, wore glasses along with her mask.

Both lenses of her glasses were fogged up all the while I was in the chair.

I suppose condensation is a useful trapping mechanism. but testimony to the unfiltered, uncontrolled "harmful vapours attacking my humors".

Not ill in what sense? Being ill, or actually knowing you are ill? Those are two different things, and as noted in the article you posted, said a mask helps to prevent the transmission in those instances.

You imply that a person not knowing they are not ill is somehow a greater problem then a person knowing they are not ill?

That is assigning moral value to nothing. Such logic is bred from fear.

xenophobia.

Well, amazingly enough, you USED to have to have smallpox and a few other immunisations to travel overseas when I was young. Requiring such a thing is absolutely nothing new, the requirement goes back a long way.

No doubt you're one of the mass of US citizens who've never had a passport or left your own country so this fact passed you by.

PDW

Wrong on both counts - have current passport, have traveled outside U.S.

In your benighted ignorance (and not the first time) you have missed that the CoviPass is to be required for ALL travel within the USA. No pass, no bus, train, subway, taxi cab or ride share. No entry to public buildings or anyplace that chooses to demand it. Likely that means no work, no shopping, no theater access or even being able to vote in person.

And there is no limit to what vaccinations are required. Covid may be just the start, they could eventually demand vaccination for things like HPV (even though that is sexually transmitted) and whatever other vaccines the pharmaceutical lords develop and sell.

Petty Damn Wanker, by now you have proved dozens of times (along with a few other ignorant "furriners") the stupidity of presuming you know more about a country than the people who actually live there! Perhaps that arrogance derives from one of your dozen or so imaginary degrees.

I had a blood test yesterday
The tech doing the jabbing and filing vials, wore glasses along with her mask.

Both lenses of her glasses were fogged up all the while I was in the chair.

I suppose condensation is a useful trapping mechanism. but testimony to the unfiltered, uncontrolled "harmful vapours attacking my humors".

Watch one of the doctors being interviewed on TV. They are supposed to be experts in mask wearing (ie proper fit) but watch and many times you will see the mask move in and out as they breathe. That means over-pressure on a non rigidly restrained filter medium and yes, it also means some breath is escaping. The major difference is hospital personnel use anti-fog to prevent glasses fogging.

A surgical mask is to prevent droplets from being expelled out and over a patient with open wounds, not to prevent escape into the air.

Petty Damn Wanker, by now you have proved dozens of times (along with a few other ignorant "furriners") the stupidity of presuming you know more about a country than the people who actually live there! Perhaps that arrogance derives from one of your dozen or so imaginary degrees.

There are an awful lot of those around anymore. I have many of those on ignore, except Gordo since he's "mod".....:mad5:

Hey, I can play this game too!

Denmark is full of trolls, the Dutch are liberal bigots, Australians have no backbone because they are still Commonwealth, the Chinese still worship Mao the Murderer.

So there. :dopeslap:

You imply that a person not knowing they are not ill is somehow a greater problem then a person knowing they are not ill?

That is assigning moral value to nothing. Such logic is bred from fear.

xenophobia.

The opposite. Being ill and not knowing it vs being ill and knowing it. A joke I regularly make is I didn't have high blood pressure until I went to the doctor. So waiting until you know you are ill to wear one misses the mark. You are making the assumption that I am of the mind that wearing the mask is protection from others, vs protection for others. It isn't living in fear, it is being a decent human being. I tend to fall on the libertarian side of things, but I liken it to the saying "the freedom to throw your fists ends at the beginning of my nose." The freedom to spew someone's viron laden respiratory ends at one's mucous membranes.

There are an awful lot of those around anymore. I have many of those on ignore, except Gordo since he's "mod".....:mad5:

Hey, I can play this game too!

Denmark is full of trolls, the Dutch are liberal bigots, Australians have no backbone because they are still Commonwealth, the Chinese still worship Mao the Murderer.

So there. :dopeslap:

trolls traditionally live in norway not in denmark

Wrong on both counts - have current passport, have traveled outside U.S.

In your benighted ignorance (and not the first time) you have missed that the CoviPass is to be required for ALL travel within the USA. No pass, no bus, train, subway, taxi cab or ride share. No entry to public buildings or anyplace that chooses to demand it. Likely that means no work, no shopping, no theater access or even being able to vote in person.

And there is no limit to what vaccinations are required. Covid may be just the start, they could eventually demand vaccination for things like HPV (even though that is sexually transmitted) and whatever other vaccines the pharmaceutical lords develop and sell.

if the people that actually live in a country are thick as a brick, then yes, a furriner might know more about
the country than the ones that actually lives there.
on certain subjects that is.
you see, sometimes looking at a distance one sees more.

Back