What's new
What's new

OT: Covid-19 Confusion

if the people that actually live in a country are thick as a brick, then yes, a furriner might know more about
the country than the ones that actually lives there.
on certain subjects that is.
you see, sometimes looking at a distance one sees more.

Yes, we should start "looking More" at your country, and it's problems eh ?

Outstanding Mr. Lambert!

Thanks for sharing. That is a fascinating site. The graphic for the spiraling opioid epidemic in America really drives the point home and the graphic on Amazon's size in relation to other retailers is an eye opener.

The real shocker is the contrast between the graphic you linked to and the one titled When Will Life Return to Normal?.

When Will Life Return to Normal From COVID-19?

A surgical mask is to prevent droplets from being expelled out and over a patient with open wounds, not to prevent escape into the air.

It's a directional thing more than anything. The bulk of the shit goes straight out and down, so you put a barrier there and the momentum is killed off. More likely at that point for any droplets to just drop. The viral particles themselves are not flying around en masse, they hitch a ride on the spittle.

This is getting so confusing...View attachment 294605

You do realize that was written by a lawyer, and not a doctor or scientist right?

From the link you posted from the NEJM site.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2020836?query=recirc_curatedRelated_article

From said article by the same who posted yours back in May

We understand that some people are citing our Perspective article (published on April 1 at NEJM.org)1 as support for discrediting widespread masking. In truth, the intent of our article was to push for more masking, not less. It is apparent that many people with SARS-CoV-2 infection are asymptomatic or presymptomatic yet highly contagious and that these people account for a substantial fraction of all transmissions.2,3 Universal masking helps to prevent such people from spreading virus-laden secretions, whether they recognize that they are infected or not.4

You do realize that was written by a lawyer, and not a doctor or scientist right?

From the link you posted from the NEJM site.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2020836?query=recirc_curatedRelated_article

From said article by the same who posted yours back in May

Of course you recall the information presented by Maria Van Kerkhave
Dr Maria Van Kerkhove on aysmptomatic cases - YouTube

Highly contagious may be a matter of sensitivity. or even susceptibility to sensationalism.

Call it " fear of the unknown". Time will tell the tale. So far, I still have not experienced a single "victim" of the wuhan flu in my circle of friends and relations. Magic I suppose...

One comment that was expressed to me in a recent conversation is that the flu virus is just bringing out the truth that most people are unhealthy, and fearful of their own vulnerability.

Makes sense to me..... as a function of my direct experience.

I kiss my wife every day and never a concern of transmission or contraction of some fatal dis ease.

eta
"spreading virus-laden secretions"

Yuck! Never cough or spit on someone ! It's impolite and GROSS!

There are an awful lot of those around anymore. I have many of those on ignore, except Gordo since he's "mod".....:mad5:

Hey, I can play this game too!

Denmark is full of trolls, the Dutch are liberal bigots, Australians have no backbone because they are still Commonwealth, the Chinese still worship Mao the Murderer.

So there. :dopeslap:

Don't forget that we have 10X more COVID cases per million population than the USA does.

That's as accurate as your other statements. Well, maybe you got Denmark correct.

How's Florida looking these days, guys? Which April do you think Trump was referring to when he said it'd all disappear like magic?

PDW

Don't forget that we have 10X more COVID cases per million population than the USA does.

That's as accurate as your other statements. Well, maybe you got Denmark correct.

How's Florida looking these days, guys? Which April do you think Trump was referring to when he said it'd all disappear like magic?

PDW

PDW

Please consult the statistics and trends. Mortality is approaching zero (i.e. anticipated levels due to P&I around the globe)

Cases means nothing, and the numbers are less than reliable. Corpses are hard facts however, unless a motorbike fatality inaccurately recorded.

PDW

:rolleyes5::rolleyes5::rolleyes5:

You've never seen sarcasm before apparently. Also seems your own medicine tastes yucky.

P.S. There's a reason I didn't mention the British. They are moderately respectful for the most part.

In simple language so you can understand ,if you are fearful, stay away!

In other simple language, why should have the fearful brake lights on your car? They don't help you at all. Leave them off, much better!
As you would say: "I got mine, fuck all you other assholes." Typical.

Here's something the "news" seems to gloss over:

WWSB Tampa
Concerns arise as some receive positive COVID-19 results but never got tested
2 days ago

SARASOTA, Fla. (WWSB) - Coronavirus continues to spread quickly across the state. Plus, now, on the Suncoast, although testing has been made more available, many say there are some problems in really getting a handle on how much the virus is in our community.

Concerns Over COVID-19 Test Results © Provided by WWSB Tampa Concerns Over COVID-19 Test Results
It has nothing to do with being able to get tested, but instead the results. The quickest turnaround is about 48 hours, and the majority of the time, it can take about a week of finding out if you’re infected our not. However, the most recent issue is getting back results that aren’t even yours.

“I got a call asking for me, and they told me that I had tested positive. I was like, ‘Positive for what?” Then, the lady said for COVID, and I said, ‘That’s impossible. I never got tested, Ma’am,’” Mindy Clark said.

Clark had gone to the drive thru testing sight at Manatee Rural Health, but before she was able to get swabbed, she left the line because she realized it was for people with symptoms only.

“I told them they needed to take this off my record, and they said I had to prove it to them that I wasn’t positive,” Clark continued.

She tested negative just two days later, and also tested negative for the antibodies. Plus, according to many of our viewers, this hasn’t only happened to her.

Clark says if she and many others have been incorrectly identified as positive in the state’s system so easily, how accurate are the numbers that are released daily?

So, how can rational clear thinking people possible put stock in the "exaggerated" numbers coming from any "reporting authority"? Again, this Virus will be a faint memory after November.

This video has some clips in it from an official Texas County meeting. They are talking about about what the "new" definition of cases is. The old definition was if you tested + then that was 1 case. The new definition is if a person tests positive that is still 1 case but looking at how many people had contact with that person, those "possibles" are ALSO counted as cases. This is why there are big spikes in cases from a few weeks ago.

Breaking: States Ordered To Fraudulently Inflate COVID-19 Cases 15 Times Actual Rate - YouTube

Everyone in the video talks slow so you can click the gear icon and increase playback speed to 1.5X and still easily hear what is happening, but faster than normal speed:) (A good thing to do with most videos BTW)

This video has some clips in it from an official Texas County meeting. They are talking about about what the "new" definition of cases is. The old definition was if you tested + then that was 1 case. The new definition is if a person tests positive that is still 1 case but looking at how many people had contact with that person, those "possibles" are ALSO counted as cases. This is why there are big spikes in cases from a few weeks ago.

Breaking: States Ordered To Fraudulently Inflate COVID-19 Cases 15 Times Actual Rate - YouTube

Everyone in the video talks slow so you can click the gear icon and increase playback speed to 1.5X and still easily hear what is happening, but faster than normal speed:) (A good thing to do with most videos BTW)

Some places are also counting each successive positive test for a single person as multiple cases. Test positive 5 weeks in a row and you are counted as 5 cases.

I like the British, I really do, but I'm still upset about the War of 1812.

What were they thinking? :crazy:

Yeah sorry about that.
Id like to take the knee for the deeds those British folks involved at that time and atone for my guilt that bare to this day.

Back