What's new
What's new

OT... Heavy Duty Cordless Phone.... does it exist?

TFPace

Stainless
I have had no luck with my Panasonic Cordless phones or rather they don't hold up well to being dropped from ear-level.

The searches I have done show that the GE & Uniden & Sears as well are all failures.
The P-sonics still work but the ringer & speakerphone features are dead.

My shop is less than 1 mile from a cell tower and my Samsung/Sprint phone is sketchy at best.

This question was hashed out on PM some 2+ years ago so I feel it is high time to bring it back up.

I wish for a phone that has a LOUD ringer and a LOUD ear set volume. 'Appears that not to much of a market for this baby.

All the best!

Tom

there is only one company that makes good cordless phones. Vtech. I have used them for years and have no compliants. Sturdy, volume controls, load ringers/vibrates, good range, etc.

I recently had an experience with a cordless phone... My neighbor told me that she tried to use hers, & was picking up my conversation... she even told me what the conversation was about... The oddest part is, hers is 900 mHz, mine is a 2.something gHz... I went back to using a cord type phone...

Ever tried using a note tied to a rock?
Phones now a days are built "guarentied" to break,
how about trying one of those personnal Walki-
Talki communication gizmoes they sell in the
camping dept at Wally-Mart, they're not suppose
to break. The boys down at the scrap yard use them
to keep in touch with the office, while they're
out in the field.
Jamie

Can't recommend, but interested in the HD unit also if one exists.
I can say I've had $85 2gig ones that suck, background hum, poor range, etc. The one I have had for quite a while is a $14 GE 900MHz from big lots. Sounds as good as a corded phone, longest range I've had (way better than the expensive ones).
Price is not an indicator of quality....

dk

I have a two line GE 2.4ghz (made by Atlinks) that is two years old. Much better quality than the Memorex brand that is on the home line. The GE has with stood an 8 ft "drop" into a wall. Phone received some scratches, wall had to be patched.

I have been told by couple differentstore there are only two manufacturers of cordless phones. VTech and Panasonic. Everything else is OEMed by one of these two companies.

Not sure if this is true, but it makes sence. Almost all the phones are identicl with varations in the housings.

Back