What's new
What's new

OT Humor: OK, it's officlal: I'm Old

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoWheeler

Aluminum
When I first started as a toolmaker, my mentor used to say - when I screwed up and had to come to him and confess-: "It's not whether or not you fall in the sh*t, but how you get yourself out of it".

The other day, I caught myself telling one of the young guys those very same words. :codger:

When I first started as a toolmaker, my mentor used to say - when I screwed up and had to come to him and confess-: "It's not whether or not you fall in the sh*t, but how you get yourself out of it".

The other day, I caught myself telling one of the young guys those very same words. :codger:

What is your machining related question sir/mam ?

I know this thread will be locked, but I know I suddenly felt old when a young woman held the door open for me when I was coming out of the store.

I know this thread will be locked, but I know I suddenly felt old when a young woman held the door open for me when I was coming out of the store.

That was but a "bellweather". A portent of things to come.

Your are not really OLD until a Great Grandmother - with her elderly daughter, middle-aged granddaughter, and teen-aged Great Grandson in tow ... holds the door for you.

Because the teen-ager has more vacuum between his earbuds than sense or good manners.

And she knows it, and no longer cares.

:(

Yesterday I spent half the day digging out of our 20" snow storm including shoveling off a flat roof. My back is KILLING me. Today my wife sent me to TSC to buy horse feed in 50 pound bags. I looked at the bags. I looked at a beefy 30ish female store worker. She looked back and asked if I needed help. Swallowing my pride I said yes. So she and another female loaded my flat cart with feed.
It's official......I'm an old fuck..............Bob

I feel old when I am chatting with a check out clerk about how things have changed, like they used to have box boys that bagged the groceries that never touched the register and stores gave out trading stamps. Then the clerk probably in their 20's then says their grandparents tell them about that stuff.

You are at this moment the youngest you will ever be, if that helps

Also the closest to death, even IF .. you have survived many a disaster. Because you HAVE survived... many a disaster..

"If that helps.."

An optimist might add, and I HAVE done..

"...and so long as BOTH arms ain't broken at the elbows at the SAME TIME.. I can still feed myself and wipe my own ass!"

"If they ever ARE? THIS is when you finally have proof that your blanket-sharer REALLY loves you."

"Or not!"

Late cousin of mine had such poor aim that he missed a massive stone column with his Harley, tried to destroy it with his own body. Some Harley owners will do the DAMNDEST of things to spare their bikes...

Good on 'im, the Harley was readily repaired.

But he spent over six months much of it immmobilized flat on his back whilst a whole raft of vertebrae and other bones eventually healed.

Married the nurse who had taken a fancy to the part of him as still worked a treat, (or so they teased about for over 40 years..) and it turned out a fine and enduring marriage, indeed!

:D

I have moments when discipling my kids like my parents did to me. Sometimes I call my parents just to apologize to them for the crap I put them through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back