What's new
What's new

OT: Is technology slowing things down?

Illegal=trackable and provable, not mysterious and untraceable
In fairness, I think you can still get a basic 'not real ID' license, or you could when I physically lost mine and had to replace it[literally the day they implemented a new software system]

In fairness, I think you can still get a basic 'not real ID' license, or you could when I physically lost mine and had to replace it[literally the day they implemented a new software system]
Real ID will be mandatory for flying, or entering nuclear power plants and other federal facilities. Not sure when, they keep pushing back the date. Of course, passports will also work for flying.

"Illegal=trackable and provable, not mysterious and untraceable"....As it applies to voting or in general?

Simple fact is mayors and city councils should not have anything to do with police,the State Government should employ and control a single police force throughout the state.
I don't know about Australia but that would not be good in the USA. State Police/Highway Patrol tend to be paramilitary type organizations and are less suited to local policing than municipal police. As the bumper sticker says:

Support your local police and keep them local.

To get a license (real id nowadays) in any state, you must provide proof of residency, social security card, a valid government id, proof of citizenship in the form certified birth certificate, a naturalization certificate, or a valid US passport. I'm sure there is an if statement in the software before voter registration is offered.
Not in Massachusetts after our referendum approved measure goes into practice. And unless they opt out they WILL be automatically registered to vote.

I s'pose you both could be right?

Maybe:

Anyone that is eligible to vote is automagically registered, unless they opt out?

Don't know the rest of the world, but [last I knew] here in Ohio - if you don't vote for 4 consecutive years, then you are dropped from the list.

Not sure how that would apply to automagically registered?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yeah, here's what it says:

First, "If you opt out of registering to vote, or if your citizenship has not been confirmed by the RMV, MassHealth, or the Health Connector, you will not be registered to vote."

That's what Secretary of State William Galvin (D) SAYS will happen but the actual text of the laws says that those with "lawful presence" will be automatically registered and under the referenced federal code that includes categories such as illegals seeking asylum or illegals under "deferred action".

And in the second instance (emphasis added):

"If you are not a citizen, you are not eligible to vote and you should opt out."

You SHOULD opt out if you are not a citizen but if you don't you are automatically enrolled.

First, "If you opt out of registering to vote, or if your citizenship has not been confirmed by the RMV, MassHealth, or the Health Connector, you will not be registered to vote."

That's what Secretary of State William Galvin (D) SAYS will happen but the actual text of the laws says that those with "lawful presence" will be automatically registered and under the referenced federal code that includes categories such as illegals seeking asylum or illegals under "deferred action".

"If you are not a citizen, you are not eligible to vote and you should opt out."

You SHOULD opt out if you are not a citizen but if you don't you are automatically enrolled.
And you ignore the relevant text
The RMV, MassHealth, and Health Connector collect information about lawful presence in the United States and they will not submit names to local election officials of any persons they have determined are not U.S. citizens.

Scott, you need to do better, funny how you leave out the one line that confirms what I have been saying all along

This is not Faux news you cannot cherry pick your facts buddy

"If you are not a citizen, you are not eligible to vote and you should opt out. The RMV, MassHealth, and Health Connector collect information about lawful presence in the United States and they will not submit names to local election officials of any persons they have determined are not U.S. citizens."

If you fail to opt-out, you will be reported and most likely get in trouble with the law. If you are an undocumented alien, the last thing you want is an encounter with the law; it gets you f'n deported. Ya'll think like a criminal if you think that an undocumented will take risks just to take up some real estate in your brain.

BTW you get to the site that you think is registering illegals form here:

Automatic Voter Registration:​

If you are a U.S. citizen applying for or renewing a driver's license or state ID at the RMV, or applying for health insurance through MassHealth or the Commonwealth Health Connector, you will be automatically registered to vote, unless you opt out of registering.

If you opt out of registering to vote, or if your citizenship has not been confirmed by the RMV, MassHealth, or the Health Connector, you will not be registered to vote. If you do not opt out and your citizenship is confirmed, your name, address, and date of birth will be sent to your local election official to be added to the voter list and you will receive mailed confirmation of your registration within 2-3 weeks.

Learn more about automatic voter registration.

State Police/Highway Patrol tend to be paramilitary type organizations and are less suited to local policing than municipal police.

Paramilitary?
What is it with the hate filled rhetoric that surrounds the police nowadays?

Who are you going to call when your house is broken into at 3:00am?

If you are in certain jurisdictions in my state, the H.P. are the ONLY folks that can get there quickly.

If you're willing to wait for half an hour, then you call the sheriff's dept.

Real ID will be mandatory for flying, or entering nuclear power plants and other federal facilities.

Not sure why we're even beating the automatic voter registration in the State of Massachusetts, when it is not very likely that you will be required to show an ID in the first freakin' place:

You may be asked to show identification when you check-in at your polling place for any of the following reasons:

• You are voting for the first time in Massachusetts in a federal election;
  • You are an inactive voter;
  • You are casting a provisional or challenged ballot;
  • The poll worker has a reasonable suspicion that leads them to request identification.

Acceptable identification must include your name and the address at which you are registered to vote. Examples of acceptable identification include: a driver's license, state-issued ID card, recent utility bill, rent receipt, lease, a copy of a voter registration affidavit, or any other printed identification which contains the voter's name and address.
That is a bunch of bullshit right there!!!

Yeah, if that's all that's needed for in person voting, I dunno how the mail-in voting is any more reliable.

In the words of Hanermo, Fucking Madness!

Not sure why we're even beating the automatic voter registration in the State of Massachusetts, when it is not very likely that you will be required to show an ID in the first freakin' place:

That is a bunch of bullshit right there!!!

Yeah, if that's all that's needed for in person voting, I dunno how the mail-in voting is any more reliable.

In the words of Hanermo, Fucking Madness!
I have a glass door with a lock on it.
There is no fraud problem in Mass, requiring ID is a sideways way of limiting legal participation, and everyone knows it. That is why a party that represents a minority opinion pushes it constantly
Again, no fraud no problems, just people to pretend their guy won when he didn't

requiring ID is a sideways way of limiting legal participation, and everyone knows it.
Everyone knows requiring an photo ID at voting is the very least one can do to verify eligibility.
Everyone also knows that requiring a photo ID is NOT an effort to limit legal participation.

But by all means, keep stirring ...

Back