What's new
What's new

OT: manual book binding options

serview

Aluminum
I am upgrading my library with sections in the library for machines. Now that so many manuals come as pdf, I wish to print copies of manuals.
I wish to bind the manual and ideally have a Flat spine I can label with the titles and info so they can be identified on the shelf.

I have been printing 8.5x11 double sided, with a clear plastic cover and black plastic rear cover and having staples spiral bind them. This works, but having a flat area for spine would allow the title to be visible on a full shelf.

I do.use electronic PDF, but wish to have an option to read the hardcopy as well. We will use the books as well the pdf

What are people doing to bind the book and label the spine?

The spiral bind works but it makes it hard to pick out the book on the shelf. I can sub out the task, but it is looking like an expensive job, and I haven't found a vendor that will bind and put a.flat spine, perhaps with a stitched spine
I am willing to print internally and invest in bookbinding tools, or sub it out.

Any vendors or links to binding machines and vendors to outsource would be appreciated

Thanks!
Steve

Back