What's new
What's new

OT: New in crate Moore parts.

Jaxian

Stainless
Thought I would post this just cause it was interesting. I was at the local machinery place today and they had just picked this up while cleaning out the local university.

A new in crate table and saddle for a Moore...something. No clue as to model or size. Kinda neat to see there is still stuff like this knocking around.

20220923_141357 resize.jpg20220923_141402 resize.jpg20220923_141434 resize.jpg20220923_141440 resize.jpg20220923_141516 resize.jpg

Neat. Thanks for sharing. Wonder where the rest of the machine went. If it was at a university I bet it was there for a reason.
Yeah that was the first thing that Bob, the owner of the place pointed out. There was no Moore machines at the university. He was thinking maybe they got it in a government auction or something as a lot.

There was some very nice equipment at that university, I got the Cincinnati horizontal/vertical that they bought new. Was like new but with a nice coating of coolant goo to keep it fresh. Wasn't even a manual for it. They gave you a Cinel 60 horizontal manual and a Toolmaster manual.

Moore sold base/saddle/table assembly's to be used to build special machines like lens turning lathes. So I can see them selling just the saddle/table/

Is there a slide for the saddle to slide on?

Last edited:
Moore Prescion also built a super accurate measuring machine based on their jig bore base. I Think they can still be found in the USNBS.

Totally forgot about this thread. I checked it out and SIP is correct it is a stand alone table and saddle to make a very accurate machine of some sort out of. Never been used, still in the Moore crate. I think the saddle had bolts to attach it to something. It was still sitting there in the crate on Friday when I went by. If you want better pictures or have a use for it call Bob at Rowe Machinery (831) 458-9181

Back