What's new
What's new

OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This passed by .

C&P
"Also, ever notice how Covid-19 doesn't really seem to affect homeless individuals or the Amish? Notice they don't have TV's!!"
[end quote]
Someone is paying attention.

Tim, respectfully, HOW MANY PEOPLE DIED OF Wuhan Flu induced blood clots? A real number? Not an anecdote.

People get blood clot from sitting motionless during air travel. How many US of A citizens died of blood clots since January? You haven't a clue, Do you.

Sensationalism, hook line and sinker. 3 MILLION people die in the US of A every year!
I just went to the funeral of my favorite aunt in South Dakota., On the 18th of this month, a high school buddy was killed in a motorbike wreck on his way to our 50th reunion.

I'm sure both were chocked up to Covid, everything is.

The numbers are not known in reality unless they are collected correctly. This will be slow and maybe problematically. Arguing now is just sort of falling short. Nothing wrong with trying to understand.

I am concerned with COVID for sure as everywhere I go there is precautions and rules. It feels dangerous to life.
Sorry about the loss. This is what we must find our way through that is the losses. Best regards to you and the family no one suffers heartbreak very well and should not either.

The numbers are not known in reality unless they are collected correctly. This will be slow and maybe problematically. Arguing now is just sort of falling short. Nothing wrong with trying to understand.

I am concerned with COVID for sure as everywhere I go there is precautions and rules. It feels dangerous to life.
Sorry about the loss. This is what we must find our way through that is the losses. Best regards to you and the family no one suffers heartbreak very well and should not either.

The reality is not known, yet you respond as if they are true and real. respond in fear of an unknown. Even after all this time (8 months)

There is now sufficient data to expose the truth. Follow that!

I don't know. Maybe because they don't know how to read facts and statistics instead of just using their eyes
Fixed that for you, Bob. Now tell your relatives to just read nyc's press conferences and they won't have to worry :)

I had to edit this once I did some math. I meant.... Now China has 70 million young men who will never touch a girl. Never marry a girl. It’s an absolute disaster in Communist Party Planning. Marriage Dowry’s for young ladies is in the multi billions....with all of the billionaires in China. Most of the rich young kids have moved to the USA or AUSTRALIA or Europe. There’s hardly any available women in China. Total screw up.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/world/too-many-men/
Let me put this in terms you can understand - you're out of your rabbit-ass mind :)

You don't know even the teeniest tiniest thing about China. "No girls" ... are you effing nuts ? I see more hot girls walking to lunch in one block than you will see in your entire life. I spent several months in the US last year prepping for a trip, I forgot where my dick was ... came back, wham ! Oh yeah, that's what that thing is for !

You're crazy. The place is swimming in pussy. In fact, they run the place (but that's another subject).

There is an imbalance, there is always an imbalance naturally, and what that means is one thing - the gay guys won't have to make excuses to grandma for why they aren't married with a baby yet.

And the "will never kiss a girl" ... maybe not kiss but there's pink barbershops anywhere you want. Pretty cheap. I even got a haircut in one once (all the real barbershops were closed, they thought it was funny. And at the end, well hell, why not, there was a late-night discount. She was pretty good, too.) Muy no problemo.

You're crazy full of it, Tim. Not being mean but ... you don't have the beginnings of a clue.

While I'm here, let's throw some water on a couple of your other fixations. Facts tend to do that ...

Hong Kong was leased. (At gunpoint, by the way, but we'll ignore that for now.) The lease was up. Over, done, finished. Sorry, when the lease on your house is over you don't need to negotiate a treaty with the owner. It's over.. China did, because they wanted the transfer to go smoothly. But it was not a requirement.

"Freedom and democracy in Hong Kong" ... here's a tidbit you do not know, I am sure. The Brits had a 100 year lease. They instituted that novel concept "voting" after 96 years. Hmmm. Free and democratic, yuppers.

If England had been that concerned about Hong Kong people they could have let them move to England. They didn't.

"Protesters" ? When the American Communist Party has protests in front of the White House declaring "we intend to overthrow this government" what do expect the result to be ? There is no "human right" to overthrow your government. If they want to try, that's fine. And if they get crushed, that's one of the possibilities. I know of no government anywhere that will tolerate that. The US is included in that list.

By the way, I go to Hong Kong at least every three or four months, have quite a few friends in Hong Kong, it's an entertaining (if roasting hot) place. To most Hong Kong people, these 'protests' are ill-conceived and not a practical way to keep what they have - the banking gateway to China and bazillions of dollars in pass-through money. Most HK people do not give a crap about democracy or "freedom" (which is a TOTAL crock of horseshit, the US is the least free place I have ever lived) -- what they want is the position they have long had, and the money, which these 'protests' are endangering.

Formosa, we can skip the Portugal era but do you know who decided that Taiwan belonged to China ?

Yes. The United States of America. There was this piece of paper that everyone signed on the decks of the Missouri. That was a US Navy battleship, just to refresh your memory. Taiwan is part of China and has been since 1945. We, the United States, decided that.

What happened next ? Jiang jie shi lost the civil war at huai hai (two millon soldiers in one battle, the numbers in China are usually impressive), looted Beijing, stole all the gold and artifacts he could carry, ran off in the middle of the night and invaded Formosa. He then murdered the inhabitants of that island and declared that it was "the real China". He did this until he died, always proclaiming his intent to go back and retake the mainland. This is equivalent to Jefferson Davis after Appomattox making a raid on Washington, stealing the gold (if we had any, actually Washington didn't have much treasure in 1865), sneaking away to Cuba and declaring that he was the United Steaks of America, the real government of the US.

Oh yeah, the last person executed for saying Taiwan was really just an independent island, not "the real China government" was in 1980. Free, democratic, human rights my ass.

The good part was, in 1950 the Great White Father got a new chance to speak with forked tongue and dishonor yet another treaty, yay ! That makes almost ZERO treaties that the United States has honored. (There must be one, somewhere, I just don't know about it.) Did I hear you say some crap about the despicable commnists ?

All your propaganda, in the face of facts, is crap.

Another small point - I happened to be in Taizhong in 1996, making a 56" Gleason bevel planer and a pair of 24's work. Lots of flatbed trucks driving around with amps and big speakers and people talking loudly. (Also unintelligibly, just like in the airport. Grrmshh walla vrdshj-kinls ! Essa vrmlshinii hrmash ! uh, what'd he say ?)

"What is this ?" I asked inncoently. "Oh, this is our election, lots of people making speeches !"

I thought that was interesting, the US had sort of moved beyond the flatbed trucks with loudspeakers stage. So I asked, "Is this what usually happens ?"

We don't know. This is our first election.

1996. 1996-1949=47. In words, one thousand nine hundred ninety-six minus one thousand nine hundred forty-nine equals forty-seven fucking years to get around to having an election. Shades of Hong Kong.

"Free, democratic Taiwan." Color me impressed.

I know, none of these facts is going to penetrate that fog of bullshit surrounding your brain. But I can always hope.

One other small fact - do you know who the biggest investors in mainland China are ? Yeah. Taiwan is right up there. Taiwan businessmen love going to China to get laid... oh wait, there's no girls in China, I forgot. Anyway, much (most ?) of your precious high-quality Taiwan production is done in -- wait for it ! -- mainland China because it really is one country. Kind of like Texas and the rest of the US. Or Alaska, where it's 'up here' and "the lower forty-eight". Still haven't included Hawaii in the count, for some reason.

Do you want the US to exist in the world ? I think it would be nice. There's some nice places and decent people. But you aren't going to make it if you keep insisting on this retarded religious horseshit. You have to treat other countries as countries, knock it off with the holier-than-thou garbage, and be practical.All that this religious crap does is disembowel yourselves, as you can see in this pandemic fiasco. Treat the world like a practical matter and you can get stuff done. Treat yourselves in a practical manner and you can get stuff done. Stick to your weird-ass fantasies and all you'll do is go backwards. You're a banana republic already, with armed feds invading US cities and trampling on all your "constitutional rights and (so-called) freedoms." If you don't wake up, and wake up soon, it'll be 1935 all over again, with a new star in the spotlight.

Fixed that for you, Bob. Now tell your relatives to just read nyc's press conferences and they won't have to worry :)

It's not my press conferences. It's facts and figures straight from the govt and medical professionals, not just some nurse working in a hospital. These are statistics, not even opinions derived from looking at statistics.

Every comment you post bears no credibility. You've been wrong again and again and again, and people keep pointing it out again and again and again. Yet you keep typing up stuff as if your opinion matters. It doesn't. Nobody with a brain here believes what you type. Just sit there and read. Stop typing. You're the village idiot of the forum.

i have never been to sweden.
why do you ask?

Why do you write as if you were an expert on a country you've never been to? Denmark is "next door" to Sweden and I know Swedes that don't agree with what you write. I've also been there several times. Sweden has problems and not just covid 19 but you don't seem to know much (if anything) about them.

Don't they have hot blondes in Sweden? Isn't this the big reason to go Nordic?
kom hjem med meg... did I get that right from grandpa in Norwegian? He only taught me a few phases.
Bob

All the nordic countries have blue eyed hot blondes :) It certainly is a good reason to go to a nordic country and I find nordic women more independent than almost all other nationalities. Why do you think I ended up in Denmark? My son met a hot blue eyed Norwegian blonde studying in the same city as he was. Now he's living in Bergen, Norway, married and I have a lovely blue eyed blonde 6 year old granddaughter. He (my son) loves living in Norway as much as I love living in Denmark.

Yes "meg" is "me". Danish is very similar to Norwegian and "meg" is "mig" in Danish.

Does this article make DJT more or less of an idiot?
Levin: 60 Million Americans Got Swine Flu, Obama and Biden Stopped Testing | CNSNews

If true, It appears DJT is in consistent company if nothing more.

2009 Swine flu (H1N1).........60.8 million cases.....12,500 deaths

If you got it, you had one chance in 5000 that you'd die from it

Covid 19......3.9 million confirmed cases......143,000 deaths

If you get it, you have one chance in 30 that you'll die from it

Hardly a comparable situation. In fact, while the swine flu produced a lot of cases, it turned out to be far less deadly than the normal seasonal flu. Once they figured out both hospitalization rates and death rates were far lower than in normal flu seasons, one might assume continued testing was a waste of resources considering there was no available cure or effective vaccine.

For example, 17-18 season was 45 million cases with 61,000 deaths. Death rate 1.3 per thousand. 6.5X as deadly as H1N1

and 18-19 season was 35.5 million cases with 34,200 deaths. Death rate 1 per thousand. 5X as deadly as H1N1.

Levin's stock in trade is taking half of a story and pouring it into the empty skulls of Trump worshipers. Much the same as if I tell someone my shop has operated at a net profit of 80% over the last 4 months but I "forget" to mention I only did $1000 worth of work during that time.

The reality, though, is that Trump's efforts to reduce testing are further proof that he's so god damned stupid that he's fighting something that would actually make his lies seem closer to the truth. As more and more testing has been done, the death rate for positive cases has decreased from around 6% to about 3.5% Anyone with an IQ above room temperature would look at that and conclude Covid isn't as deadly as originally assumed, so they'd push for the maximum amount of testing in the hopes that the fatality percentage would continue to fall. Stopping the testing guarantees that the percentage of fatalities will only increase unless people stop dying on the day testing stops.

That said, CDC's estimate of a 0.3% death rate per positive case is some fantasy pulled out of someone's ass. Yeah, they can publish some spreadsheet with 3 million cells filled with useless data and guesses, and come up with some number that makes no sense other than to try to rationalize excess deaths as coming from "many causes". But monthly and annual average deaths are fairly well established numbers for the US, and they already include seasonal flu as well as cancer, heart disease, accidents, and all the other causes. This study, Estimation of Excess Deaths Associated With the COVID-19 Pandemic in the United States, March to May 2020 | Infectious Diseases | JAMA Internal Medicine | JAMA Network published in JAMA, looked at deaths from 3/1/20 thru 5/30/20 and found the number was 122,000 greater than average. That number was 28% higher than the total reported Covid deaths from the same period, leading them to conclude covid deaths were likely under reported rather than over reported.

Funny how the conclusions and statistics change when the studies are done by people not under the influence of Trump and his goon squad.

The reality is not known, yet you respond as if they are true and real. respond in fear of an unknown. Even after all this time (8 months)

There is now sufficient data to expose the truth. Follow that!

Well I am defantely at risk unlike yourself so yes I do care. Nothing wrong with that. Perhaps you can get off the bus and understand that the whole world does not have the luxury of just blowing it off. With everything I doubt you are as safe as you may think.

"Also, ever notice how Covid-19 doesn't really seem to affect homeless individuals or the Amish? Notice they don't have TV's!!"

Guess I won't be getting it. I camped out once a year ago, my ancestors and relatives are Amish, I take iodine and don't own a TV.

This Covid thing is all bs.

Guess I won't be getting it. I camped out once a year ago, my ancestors and relatives are Amish, I take iodine and don't own a TV.

This Covid thing is all bs.

You're welcome to get a severe case of it, and report back about how it was nothing. I even have a supply of bleach I can loan you for medical use, as your Dear Leader suggests.

Hey, did you know he's now saying we should wear masks? You must be outraged at the traitorous turncoat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back