What's new
What's new

OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fatties-fatties-everywhere-11inha.jpg

its a lot more common than you think

6VhRodw.png

My amazement at the potato chip hording was geared toward the fact they don't have a long shelf life and a volume of them would not store that nicely if you had limited space. I can understand the hoarders going after the canned goods, they pack in nicely, but potato chips?

Had a neighbor when I lived in SC who was as as big as either of those women in the pic. Her daily routine consisted of continuously eating chips from a giant size bag and drinking cokes straight from a 2 liter bottle.

She quit both and with no other dieting or any sort of "program", she lost 165 lbs over 18 months. You could have shown before and after pics to anyone who didn't know her, and they wouldn't have thought the two were even related, or much less, the same person

Don't you watch horror movies? I don't think a zombie uprising has ever been caused by anything over than nuclear fallout.

Wrong. Everything from a virus (28 Days Later) to a rogue comet (Night of The Comet). Also experimental vaccines, toxic gas, and about anything else a writer can dream up.

The Plannedemic has also created many zombies. One sees them stumbling along wearing breathing inhibiting face rags while walking alone out of doors. Poor pathetic creatures, brains ravaged by intensive media saturation but the bodies still struggling on.

Wrong. Everything from a virus (28 Days Later) to a rogue comet (Night of The Comet). Also experimental vaccines, toxic gas, and about anything else a writer can dream up.

The Plannedemic has also created many zombies. One sees them stumbling along wearing breathing inhibiting face rags while walking alone out of doors. Poor pathetic creatures, brains ravaged by intensive media saturation but the bodies still struggling on.

Jogging my memory most of the zombie movies I watched were made long ago. I have seen people with masks on walking by the side of the road probably 1/4 mile or more away from the nearest human that was outside and not driving in a car. I have even seen this on sunny days with temps in the 90's and high humidity heaped on top of it. I used to know a couple germaphobes a few decades ago. I wonder how people like that are acting these days?

When this started (wearing protective gear)one of the guys I work with said he was in the local Publix and an elderly gent came in wearing a raincoat with wide brim hat,face mask,face shield,rubber gloves carrying a spray can of Lysol which he would spray in front of himself every ten steps or so!

My amazement at the potato chip hording was geared toward the fact they don't have a long shelf life and a volume of them would not store that nicely if you had limited space. I can understand the hoarders going after the canned goods, they pack in nicely, but potato chips?

I got you, was just poking fun at a different kind of potato chip hoarding, post process amassing....a less pleasant way to store the calories for a rainy day.

When this started (wearing protective gear)one of the guys I work with said he was in the local Publix and an elderly gent came in wearing a raincoat with wide brim hat,face mask,face shield,rubber gloves carrying a spray can of Lysol which he would spray in front of himself every ten steps or so!

Ages ago I worked with a guy who would spray Lysol on his tools and wipe them down as he put them away. He would also wear his motorcycle helmet with the face shield down all the way in and out of the plant, the rest of us left our helmets locked to our bikes. The motorcycle parking area was right next to the guard shack, no one was going to steal a helmet. I could imagine he is going nuts right now, he would be in his late 50's.

Haven't seen that but in the spring I saw people out on nice days with rain gear, gloves, mask, and goggles.

This post sarcastic. good to see a few caught it. The earwax is something I read years ago same for lights at night for security.
Bil lD

The problem for racists or whatever bias people may have is it has to be something to be prejudiced about from across the room. Hard to judge earwax from a distance. Skin color, weight, height, hair color and type are easy to spot. I think this may be why so many men are very predjuiced against gay men. They look just like straight men and pretty much impossible to tell them apart at first meeting.
The most logical classism would be blood type type AB+ would be the best and O- the bottom of the social standings. Of course folks would have to wear T-shirts with their blood types so civilization could identify and classify folks in public quickly and easily otherwise what would be the point?
Bill D

The problem for racists or whatever bias people may have is it has to be something to be prejudiced about from across the room. Hard to judge earwax fro ma distance. Skin color, weight, height, hair color and type are easy to spot. I think this may be why so many men are very predjuiced against gay men. They look just like straight men and pretty much impossible to tell them apart at first meeting.
The most logical classism would be blood type type AB+ would be the best and O- the bottom of the social standings. Of course folks would have to wear T-shirts with their blood types so civilization could identify and classify folks in public quickly and easily otherwise what would be the point?
Bill D

When THEY issue you your "Medi-pass" identification card, your blood type will be on it. for all the world to see.

NoNoNoNo.
Don't you know there's a Pandemic on!!!
I read today that the UK are making people who return from Greece isolate.
Because Greece is out of control...
:facepalm:

Why ? they didn't leave the EU …… Can't have separate countries actually
making rules & laws against other countries inside of the EU.

One big happy family, sharing one big bowl of soup.

Are you wearing your MAGA hat right now? Your IQ isn't looking too hot when you can't catch obvious low-brow satire.

By the way, you were right about gays. Turns out I was wrong to call them degenerates. Found this diagram showing how it works :)

View attachment 298769

So this is what this thread has dissented to,

A parade of tattooed freaks on display.

So this is what this thread has dissented to,

A parade of tattooed freaks on display.

Well, with the flu season about over (and another, more familiar one, about to start) the original topic is not really important to anyone.

Deny or embrace, The Wahoo flu is OVER. Nothing left but rotting corpses.

Well, with the flu season about over (and another, more familiar one, about to start) the original topic is not really important to anyone.

Yep, it's still no problem, a liberal hoax, nothing more than the usual 30,000 flu deaths (most of them perhaps pneumonia of all causes). Better to spend the past weeks, months, 7000 comments on various conspiracy theories . . .

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-09-04/key-model-predicts-more-than-410-000-coronavirus-deaths-in-the-us-by-january

COVID-19

When THEY issue you your "Medi-pass" identification card, your blood type will be on it. for all the world to see.

I think my dad's dog tags from WW2 had his blood type. I know it had his religon. Not sure what American Jews had on their dogtags going into Nazi germany. It would not be a good idea to mention religon on their tags.
Bil lD

Have you caught it yet? If not you are still susceptible, maybe you should try harder? Only 38 people in my county have had it, 37 of them lived, a few required hospitalization. With a population of 10K in the county, it makes it pretty easy to figure 99.62% are still susceptible. Even if we figure a x10 for the unidentified cases, that still leaves 96.2% susceptible to infection. Just speculating, pretty sure the recent spike was the dumbasses that have been out partying, protesting, not wearing a mask in crowded places, you know, just being stupid. That crowd seems to be hitting herd immunity, shame it did not take out more, but we can always hope for the long term health problems to take out a few more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back