What's new
What's new

OT - opening up as best we can. AKA - is it still just the seasonal flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the presidential debacle with Covid over the weekend, little donnie returns to WH to gladly infect everybody in the place. The most irresponsible president ever. He is so doped up even he does not know that he is still sick. Disgusting.

Clinically, if a person with Covid has not had a fever for 24hrs., they are not considered contagious anymore.

Covid infection pre-symptomatic can be contagious but once the fever becomes a symptom, they are contagious. Once fever ends and 24 hours later, they are considered not contagious.

Really? Why so mate?

Because they're being deliberately subversive, they will say black is white - just to cause trouble, ............more than likely because they are losing money / haven't found a way of making money out of the virus.

If somebody's spouting a controversial opinion look very very closely at who's backing them, case in point - the backers of the Brexit Party are a bunch of crooks.

...btw, Janco - Trump lied, people died.
Lol. Notwithstanding the handful of severely TDS afflicted on this thread, I'm pretty sure most of the members here know who is the liar.

I had decided to stop posting on PM due to all the propaganda from you and Re-Pete, but I will respond to your troll.

You claimed earlier that "We know Xi warned Trump early on". That of course is pure bullshit revisionist history. China was telling the world it was all under control- nothing to see here, and the WHO was parroting the CCP line throughout January, even though there were thousands of unreported infections in Wuhan.

We do know that Xi warned officials in Wuhan against shutting down in early February.
Xi warned officials that efforts to stop virus could hurt economy: sources | Reuters

The only thing Trump is guilty of is believing Xi. He had just concluded a round of trade negotiations, and didn't want to disrupt that. That phone call to Xi in January, Xi assured Trump it was all good.

So he went soft on Xi. Trump tweeted on January 24:

"“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

I'm sure he regrets that tweet- he should have known better than to trust Xi.

The list of Chinese deception is so long as to be impractical to post, and this board is not worth the effort. Lying about the virus, shutting down labs and destroying the samples, denying access to International investigators, arresting whistleblowers, hoarding PPE, intentionally seeding the virus worldwide in January.

It just goes on and on. Every violation of the 2005 IHR treaty she could do, she did do.

The WHO now admits that contrary to the narrative, China NEVER notified them about the outbreak- they learned about it on Chinese social media. China only admitted it after the WHO reminded them about their International obligations.

China just isn't a responsible player on the International stage.

She has much to answer for, and reparations will be painful but inevitable.

#CHINA LIED 1,000,000 PEOPLE DIED (and counting)

And oh by the way, anyone who wants to know the way the IHR notifications are supposed to work, read the timeline from the 2009 H1N1 pandemic and compare it to China's actions in January:

2009 H1N1 Pandemic Timeline | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC

And for those who have not been paying attention, this is the way we are going forward wrt China:

Britain's D-10 Summit of Democracies Beats a Moribund G-7

I've long felt that the best course is to watch/read multiple sources and then compare what each says against life experience and logic.

Note how frequently some posters say "Stop watching Fox News" yet we don't say "Stop watching CNN and MSNBC" except in satirical retorts to such comments.

A person with an open mind should not fear doing so and I routinely watch media from both sides as well as some "alternative" sites to see how each frames a story from different viewpoints.

it is hard to watch both sides of the news because they seem to show the portions of a topic that supports their beliefs. It is sad when both sides can show the same video yet have totally different views of what really happens. Now what I find very difficult is showing a video of an incident and not rushing judgement of what happens without have all the facts present.

As for DJT's treatment, the research on Remdisivir does not show any significant difference in mortality. The antibody treatment is still in trials, have not seen anything giving it a thumbs up or down yet. Dexamethisone is the standard treatment now and the studies on it do show significant reduction in morbidity. The research also shows most patients do not end up on a ventilator till the second week, Donald is only on day 5.

Dexamethasone is used primarily on patients who are on a ventilator. It is used to supress the patient's own immune response as they've learned the cytokene storm where the patient's body mounts an extreme response to the virus results in more damage to the patient's organs than the virus itself would cause.

Dex or other steroids aren't normally used early in the course of the disease as they were with Trump, for the simple reason that you don't want to supress the patient's own immune response at that stage. That's the equivalent of giving someone an antibiotic for a bacterial infection and simultaneously giving another drug that reduces the combined ability of the drug and the patient's own immune system to fight the infection.

What we saw during Trump's hospital stay and return to the white house was likely due to him being loaded up on roids rather than some miraculous 3 day recovery from Covid. Steroids are the most powerful anti inflammatory drugs we have, and, like other anti inflammatories, they reduce elevated temperatures. Given that fact, statements that he'd had no elevated temp since Friday are no indication of his condition. Hell, you can reduce a fever via an ice bath but it's no indication that you're well.

Steroids make you artificially feel good and they affect judgement. He claimed to feel better than he'd felt in 20 years, demonstrating the feel good effect. And that choreographed monkey show on the white house balcony was the personification of bad judgement. As one commentator said, "Is that Benito Trumpolini on that balcony?".

It's obvious he's the one calling the shots on his care, and not any doctors. If he demands to be kept pumped up on roids so he can play bad boy, he could very well be feeling good until the day he ain't, and dead a couple days later.

... a bunch of ignorant shit ...
Wow. Cognitive dissonance in action. There's an interesting book on this ... A Theory of Cognitive Dissonance. (1957). I wonder if Mr Festinger is still around ?

"Back in the 1950s, the psychologist Leon Festinger came up with cognitive dissonance theory, which can essentially be described as the very human desire to reconcile the irreconcilable. Our brains, he realized, will go to baroque lengths — do magic tricks, even — to preserve the integrity of our worldview, even when the facts inconveniently club us over the head with a two-by-four.

Festinger’s most famous case study was of a cult that believed life on Earth would come to an end in a great flood around Christmas of 1954. The waters never came (obviously), but the leader had an explanation: She and her followers had warded off the apocalypse with the unflagging power of their faith."

You, the US, are the world's biggest fuckups. Spain, Ecuador, and Brazil slightly worse on the numbers but they don't claim to be the World's Best. You guys are idiots, all on your own. And you, personally, along with Fox News, are among the people making it that way.

About the rest of your crap, since I posted exactly what was going on right here, at that time, anyone who is interested in the truth can go see for themselves.

...You, the US, are the world's biggest fuckups. Spain, Ecuador, and Brazil slightly worse on the numbers but they don't claim to be the World's Best. You guys are idiots, all on your own. And you, personally, along with Fox News, are among the people making it that way.

About the rest of your crap, since I posted exactly what was going on right here, at that time, anyone who is interested in the truth can go see for themselves.
Hehe, I'm flattered that you think I am so influential. :rolleyes5:

I do not need to speculate. The facts speak for themselves.

I post the "who, what, where, when", and I include my citations. The "why" I leave for the members to decide on their own. :)

So, more new laws here in Spain.

Remember when Dr Michael Ryan of the WHO, said that they're going to have to come to you home and remove you if you're positive tested?
Well the Spanish have just implemented some laws allowing "the houses and private residences of the public able to be accessed on the demand of the health authorities via an administrative court. Health inspectors would give a very small three day notice period to allow the occupants to appeal."
Of course, the 3 day appeal period can include the weekend.
Really.

And also added is the banning of post-mortems until at least June 2021.
Really.
Again.

:rolleyes5:

You should try it in England,its not so bad.

Dexamethasone is used primarily on patients who are on a ventilator. It is used to supress the patient's own immune response as they've learned the cytokene storm where the patient's body mounts an extreme response to the virus results in more damage to the patient's organs than the virus itself would cause.

Dex or other steroids aren't normally used early in the course of the disease as they were with Trump, for the simple reason that you don't want to supress the patient's own immune response at that stage. That's the equivalent of giving someone an antibiotic for a bacterial infection and simultaneously giving another drug that reduces the combined ability of the drug and the patient's own immune system to fight the infection.

What we saw during Trump's hospital stay and return to the white house was likely due to him being loaded up on roids rather than some miraculous 3 day recovery from Covid. Steroids are the most powerful anti inflammatory drugs we have, and, like other anti inflammatories, they reduce elevated temperatures. Given that fact, statements that he'd had no elevated temp since Friday are no indication of his condition. Hell, you can reduce a fever via an ice bath but it's no indication that you're well.

Steroids make you artificially feel good and they affect judgement. He claimed to feel better than he'd felt in 20 years, demonstrating the feel good effect. And that choreographed monkey show on the white house balcony was the personification of bad judgement. As one commentator said, "Is that Benito Trumpolini on that balcony?".

It's obvious he's the one calling the shots on his care, and not any doctors. If he demands to be kept pumped up on roids so he can play bad boy, he could very well be feeling good until the day he ain't, and dead a couple days later.

With the amount of lies and misinformation surrounding this whole event, could be they took a hospital janitor and cloned him into a little donnie look-alike. Miraculous recovery my ass. The videos posted of him in the hospital showed what he really looked like underneath the orange spray paint. Just a an old and sick white man,just as susceptible as evryone else.

With the amount of lies and misinformation surrounding this whole event, could be they took a hospital janitor and cloned him into a little donnie look-alike. Miraculous recovery my ass. The videos posted of him in the hospital showed what he really looked like underneath the orange spray paint. Just a an old and sick white man,just as susceptible as evryone else.

Something I am very envious of that those with TDS have and I don't.

That is that just One MAN stands in their way between their angry misery and true and complete peace and satisfaction. At least it appears that way as every topic or event turns.

Lucky you.

After the presidential debacle with Covid over the weekend, little donnie returns to WH to gladly infect everybody in the place. The most irresponsible president ever. He is so doped up even he does not know that he is still sick. Disgusting.
Melania has it and she never left the WH...

There are 3 pool reporters that have been reported infected too. Given the strict testing regime for everyone around the POTUS, it may very well turn out to be a reporter that brought it to the White House to begin with.

Or it could have been picked up on the campaign trail- we just don't know. Maybe the contact tracing will answer that question.

Limy, I sense a shift in expression of your view of this issue.

Glad to see it!

Far from it, you've missed my point, that video is a shit stirring con, it's not the gov't scientists who should f'k off and die, but twats presenting videos, deliberately spinning information to fit their aims and ends.

For their own reasons (I assume popularity etc etc) the UK gov't ''let the brakes off'' over the summer, and now surprise surprise the infection and death levels are rising, not help ed by it being the start of the ''flu season''

Melania has it and she never left the WH...

There are 3 pool reporters that have been reported infected too. Given the strict testing regime for everyone around the POTUS, it may very well turn out to be a reporter that brought it to the White House to begin with.

Or it could have been picked up on the campaign trail- we just don't know. Maybe the contact tracing will answer that question.

I have heard that those rapid test are not the most reliable things around. I agree with you on the contact tracing, but how many days do they go back? It seems like there is some confusion when he actually knew. Some transparency would go a long way in helping with the tracing. The doctors aren't helping with their less than clear reports on his stay.

Far from it, you've missed my point, that video is a shit stirring con, it's not the gov't scientists who should f'k off and die, but twats presenting videos, deliberately spinning information to fit their aims and ends.

For their own reasons (I assume popularity etc etc) the UK gov't ''let the brakes off'' over the summer, and now surprise surprise the infection and death levels are rising, not help ed by it being the start of the ''flu season''

So you only trust government doctors and every other expert is full of it? Not saying that that video has the experts, but there are a number of doctors that have spoken up against the government and their methods and sadly you have to go to youtube to hear them speak, because our media doesn't have time for discussion. It is just their way or the highway.

...That is that just One MAN stands in their way between their angry misery and true and complete peace and satisfaction. At least it appears that way as every topic or event turns.
You know Cal, I was just thinking about this the other day.

I was trying to think of one major International story, covered in the MSM in the last 4 years, that didn't involve Trump. The only ones I could think of were the Iranian attacks on the Saudi oil facilities, the killing of the Saudi journalist in Turkey.

And even those were reported in the context of Trump's relationship with the Saudis, so even those stories were reported in a Trump-centric way in the US.

It's all Trump, all the time- almost like Donald Trump got elected and World Peace suddenly broke out. :confused:

You know Cal, I was just thinking about this the other day.

I was trying to think of one major International story, covered in the MSM in the last 4 years, that didn't involve Trump. The only ones I could think of were the Iranian attacks on the Saudi oil facilities, the killing of the Saudi journalist in Turkey.

And even those were reported in the context of Trump's relationship with the Saudis, so even those stories were reported in a Trump-centric way in the US.

It's all Trump, all the time- almost like Donald Trump got elected and World Peace suddenly broke out. :confused:

To be bluntly honest, if Biden wins this election it will be bad news for CNN, MSM, NPR, ABC, MSNBC, etc.

Buy Fox stocks!

:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back