What's new
What's new

OT - Politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screwmachine

Titanium
~~~~~~Mod Note~~~~~~~~~
Rather than having other threads go off into purely political talk that is unrelated to machining or manufacturing, I'm going to make this thread to keep in all in one spot. This isn't a free pass to go notes, if things go off the rails into physical threats, name calling or the like I'm still going to delete the posts. However this should allow anyone who doesn't want to engage in political discussion to easily avoid it.

Also of note this was originally split off of the 'Whats the Plan for this forum thread' as it was completely unrelated to that topic. Apologizes if that makes some of the first few posts confusing. Also apologies to Screwmachine for editing your post, there doesn't appear to be a way to move another post to the front of a thread

----Jag
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Democrats were comparing Trump to Hitler. They like to make ridiculous comparisons whenever they can. Like the rep from MS comparing the Capitol rioters to the British and Confederate armies attacking the Capitol, and pro slavery Southerners. They seem to forget the pro slavery people and the Jim Crow supporters were DEMOCRATS.
It's common knowledge the parties switched platforms over a century ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the rep from MS comparing the Capitol rioters to the British and Confederate armies attacking the Capitol,

There's been plenty of ridiculousness to go around on BOTH sides.
I was hoping that the Committee would investigate why the national guard waited in the wings, instead of being deployed.

We will never know with the current cast of multi-millionaires running the show.

I'm very close to not voting any more.

I'm no longer a republican......Full stop.

It's common knowledge the parties switched platforms over a century ago.
What part of the USA is Switzerland in? I thought a century was a 100 years:

How about this guy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace

I could name a hoard of Democrats who thought like Wallace who believed strongly in segregation after the Jim Crow laws were abolished in the mid 60's. Wallace was very well known and prominent within the Democratic party. Your statement reflects baseless claims by Democrats who don't own up to what they have done. Democrats are the enemy of black people, at least it appears many are finally realizing that. It appears the percentage of black Republicans elected to office is growing at a steady rate, good to see that.

Democrats were comparing Trump to Hitler. They like to make ridiculous comparisons whenever they can. Like the rep from MS comparing the Capitol rioters to the British and Confederate armies attacking the Capitol, and pro slavery Southerners. They seem to forget the pro slavery people and the Jim Crow supporters were DEMOCRATS.
I can’t understand that. Trump hasn’t got a moustache.

Regards Tyrone.

I was hoping that the Committee would investigate why the national guard waited in the wings, instead of being deployed.
Democrats are not going to do one thing to make themselves look bad. The hearings are nothing but political theater, it is one big joke. Many eye witness have been denied the right to testify, they only want stories that will make Trump look bad, the situation made out to be 10 times worse than it was, and to tie every Republican possible in with the whack jobs that stormed the Capitol. This whole show is just deflection away from the pathetic Biden-Harris administration and the poor shape the country is in, due to their actions and inactions.

If you watch how the Capitol police reacted they let the whole mess get out of hand, while doing much of nothing early on. Like they were told to let them go so far and then put a stop to it, to make some kind of point. Maybe like "See, I told you Republicans can behave like BLM rioters."

It ended up being like setting a back fire and having an unexpected wind shift in the wrong direction, oops! That is my theory. The Capitol police are a bad joke, and that proved it. Most those people had no weapons and were not behaving in an aggressive manner.

I would like to see the person in charge raked over the coals. Tear gas, flash bangs, bean bags, rubber bullets,fire hoses (It was early January in DC, not a time for being wet outside)etc, would have turned back that mob in no time flat. Mobs around the Capitol are common place, no excuse in not being prepared to deal with them when they get out of hand.

Even if a mod does a quick scan every couple hours. Now has to edit, reply, or do anything. . .it could turn into a full time job real quick. . .unpaid at that.

Yeah, it's the modern way, get everything free. Maybe even charge to paint the fence ... then with no vision, no guidelines, no organization, no communication, we get what you'd expect. Crap.

latheman78 said:
I would like to see the person in charge raked over the coals.
That would be Mr Donald Trump, who was still president at that time. The buck stops here.

Not that I think this is relevant to the quality or direction of moderation discussed in this thread, could you guys stick to the subject for a change ?

Yeah, it's the modern way, get everything free. Maybe even charge to paint the fence ... then with no vision, no guidelines, no organization, no communication, we get what you'd expect. Crap.

That would be Mr Donald Trump, who was still president at that time. The buck stops here.

Not that I think this is relevant to the quality or direction of moderation discussed in this thread, could you guys stick to the subject for a change ?
While I believe Trump did egg on those whack jobs and bears some responsibility, my comment was directed at the Capitol police and who was directing them.

While I believe Trump did egg on those whack jobs and bears some responsibility, my comment was directed at the Capitol police and who was directing them.

Pardon my rotten memory but did you mention you'd been in the navy? Traditional navy with bellbottoms, middy blouses and actual seamen or the modern one, pimply teenagers mostly good for crashing into container ships or shooting down airliners ?

'cuz if it was the old one, you know that if the ship goes aground, it's the captain who is relieved of command. The guy at the top takes the hit if things go bad. This is called "responsibility", which is, if I am not mistaken, a big talking point for many people in the US ? Including those who think people born into a cesspool should be dragging themselves out singlehanded ?

Sorry for the tangent, but the flipflop some people do when it's their tribe in the sights kinda bugs me.

Pardon my rotten memory but did you mention you'd been in the navy? Traditional navy with bellbottoms, middy blouses and actual seamen or the modern one, pimply teenagers mostly good for crashing into container ships or shooting down airliners ?

'cuz if it was the old one, you know that if the ship goes aground, it's the captain who is relieved of command. The guy at the top takes the hit if things go bad. This is called "responsibility", which is, if I am not mistaken, a big talking point for many people in the US ? Including those who think people born into a cesspool should be dragging themselves out singlehanded ?

Sorry for the tangent, but the flipflop some people do when it's their tribe in the sights kinda bugs me.
Well, if the captain should be relieved of command when the ship goes aground what about now? Shortages, rapidly rising prices for everything, thousands coming across the border without permission, a situation on the brink of world war, and lots more.

Shouldn't Cap'n Joey be relieved of command, applying the same logic for an ongoing situation while you fault another previous captain for a ONE DAY event?

Besides, the other guy hasn't been captain for a year and a half now.

Democrats are not going to do one thing to make themselves look bad. The hearings are nothing but political theater, it is one big joke. Many eye witness have been denied the right to testify, they only want stories that will make Trump look bad, the situation made out to be 10 times worse than it was, and to tie every Republican possible in with the whack jobs that stormed the Capitol. This whole show is just deflection away from the pathetic Biden-Harris administration and the poor shape the country is in, due to their actions and inactions.

If you watch how the Capitol police reacted they let the whole mess get out of hand, while doing much of nothing early on. Like they were told to let them go so far and then put a stop to it, to make some kind of point. Maybe like "See, I told you Republicans can behave like BLM rioters."

It ended up being like setting a back fire and having an unexpected wind shift in the wrong direction, oops! That is my theory. The Capitol police are a bad joke, and that proved it. Most those people had no weapons and were not behaving in an aggressive manner.

I would like to see the person in charge raked over the coals. Tear gas, flash bangs, bean bags, rubber bullets,fire hoses (It was early January in DC, not a time for being wet outside)etc, would have turned back that mob in no time flat. Mobs around the Capitol are common place, no excuse in not being prepared to deal with them when they get out of hand.
Sorry, but do find a fact
Blame the capitol police for not shooting every single one of them like they should have
Then you would be up in arms because the cops shot a bunch of white guys who were just touring the capitol

Yeah, don't blame the people who were actually trying to overthrow the government of the United States, no they were just innocent bystanders

Well, if the captain should be relieved of command when the ship goes aground what about now?

I have to take advantage of every time we agree :)

Yes, Fuck Joe Biden is a doddering old fool. I'm guessing that he will be relieved of command according to the rules in another two years. I also wish it would be sooner, but haven't seen anyone with an IQ over twelve in line to replace him.

To me it's a really really sad thing that in a nation of three hundred million, all we could come up with for the leadership was a pack of clowns.

And yeah, all this noise about the "insurrection" is a pile of crap. They were idiots but it was two years ago. We have more important problems to solve now. Sure, try the bums and give them a couple months in jail but that was then, this is now. May as well try the descendants of Andrew Jackson's election party for mischief and vandalism. It's stupid twaddle, entertainment, more rabble-rousing crap.

Democracy, wow. I'm so impressed.

Yup, we've been here before - even supplied the links for you and others to see :D
Police opening crowd barriers and beckoning people in, police opening doors and standing back for people to walk in, people walking between the roped walkway....
I've seen far more rage at a Black Friday sale :rolleyes5:

I realize you're from the UK, where things are possibly different, but do you realize this doesn't mean a damn thing ?

Cops in the US have always been thugs. It was cops who broke up and beat the Pullman strikers. It was cops who machine-gunned women and children in the colorado coal mine wars. It was cops who beat up the textile workers in Passaic. It was cops who beat up anti-war hippies in the sixties. It was cops who infiltrated the panthers and got all their leaders killed. Half the riotting destructions in many places have been instigated by cops (it's on film.) It was cops who murdered Fred Hampton.

The cops have always been a reactionary force. Same as the King's Men, they always have been the tols of the wealthy. If, in fact (I didn't look, wouldn't surprise me in the least) individual cops aided the capitol invasion, I would not be in the least surprised.

But what the eff are you trying to prove ? It's meaningless. We already know the majority of those thugs are Trumpers. So what ?

Yup, we've been here before - even supplied the links for you and others to see :D
Police opening crowd barriers and beckoning people in, police opening doors and standing back for people to walk in, people walking between the roped walkway....
Everything in this post is untrue

no no, please keep making things up it is fun to watch

Of course you find the attempted overthrow of our gov't amusing, but says more about you than anything else.
Do you think Putin is stopping, what, with a New Fascist Republic installed in DC?

Do you think Putin is stopping, what, with a New Fascist Republic installed in DC?

Putin putin putin, jesus h christ, can you people drop your stupid fixations for five effing minutes ?

Maybe jaguar is right, fuck the whole stupid mess, not a single one of you can make sense or stick even remotely to a topic.

What a collection of idiots. I guess I'll go spend my spare time on xianxia dramas, which at least make sense and have rational people. Via con dios, muchachos.

Sorry, but do find a fact
Blame the capitol police for not shooting every single one of them like they should have
Then you would be up in arms because the cops shot a bunch of white guys who were just touring the capitol

Yeah, don't blame the people who were actually trying to overthrow the government of the United States, no they were just innocent bystanders
They were going to overthrow the government with cell phones? What weapons did they have again? They were way less violent that the typical BLM crowd. Where do I hold the Capitol rioters blameless? You sure like making things up and twisting words, but that is typical of your kind.

The law states "by force", and ignorance of the law is not a valid defense.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2384
What they did was wrong, but calling that an attempt to overthrow the government is laughable. It could of and should have been squashed real quick, and why it wasn't should be the subject of a bipartisan hearing. The Capitol police looked as foolish as the mob
that stormed the place. They had no weapons, a lot of them were taking selfies, if you picked a couple dozen of them off with non lethal weapons, they would have dispersed. How quick could a couple fire trucks got there and hosed a few of them off the side of the building?

So strange how biased some people are, they are all over the Uvalde cops for not acting quickly enough but give the Keystone Cops that protect the Capitol a pass. They look equally incompetent and disorganized to me. We are talking the Capitol of the USA, and that is what protects it, embarrassing!.

This

Is the same as this

Anyone who has a problem with this fact is clearly a Putin supporting China payed troll who enjoys killing innocents with their breath, a true gun trump loving wee winky racist who never posted a fact in their life.

blinkies.jpg

Edit:- Oooh, and a perma liar too :D

They were going to overthrow the government with cell phones? What weapons did they have again? They were way less violent that the typical BLM crowd. Where do I hold the Capitol rioters blameless? You sure like making things up and twisting words, but that is typical of your kind.

Of your kind
you mean the kind who are into reality and truth?

Violent
They killed people, put people in the hospital, broke into the building, broke windows, chased people through hallways

You are the one making things up

This

Is the same as this

Anyone who has a problem with this fact is clearly a Putin supporting China payed troll who enjoys killing innocents with their breath, a true gun trump loving wee winky racist who never posted a fact in their life.

Edit:- Oooh,:D and a perma liar too
Ooh, you are a liar, over and over again

And no it is not funny, I know as a foreigner you could care less about attempts to overthrow the gov't but I do and it is not humorous

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back