What's new
What's new

OT - Politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buffalo didn't eat corn and other feeds specifically designed to marble them up in the quickest possible time. They also weren't stuck in pens.

There's a lot of truth in that, actually. Maybe not perfect, but it sure worked a lot better.

People fuck up everything they touch.
I tend to believe my own eyes and those of people I trust who don't have an agenda.
Are you claiming wild buffaloes don't fart as much as beef or dairy cattle or their farts while equal in volume aren't bad for the ozone layer? I used to live surrounded by cattle and poultry. Chicken farm and milk cows to the west, horses to the north, and east. Had a place to the south that had a little bit of everything an had bull riding parties on weekends. They didn't have horns thank God.

There wasn't much fencing around and often the dairy cows would cluster close to my short wire fence as they seem to like eating the leaves off a huge droopy tree I had.
They mostly grazed and occasionally would eat trucked in produce spoils. I should have recorded the sound of their numerous loud wet farts, I bet they could have collectively filled up a hot air balloon in no time flat. They would look right at me and let rip like nothing happened, they had no manners.

The NY Times article is behind a pay wall. As for the police union, they are going to embellish the injuries. I do agree the Capitol police were dealt a bad hand from their superiors, of which most of them all the way up to the commissioner need to be fired.
I am not condoning what the Capitol rioters did, but it became more of a fiasco than it should have, that is on the mayor on down, she was running the show. I hope this incident leads to major changes, the Officer Eugene Goodmans need to be commended and promoted, he is the take charge, highly functional under pressure type people that should be guarding our Capitol, screaming baby caught in door needs to be fired asap.

4efu81.jpg

I tend to believe my own eyes and those of people I trust who don't have an agenda.

Whatever you do, don't let facts interfere with your 'thinking'. There were no buffalo feedlots. Going down 5, you can smell Harris Ranch fifty miles before you get there and another fifty after you pass. The stink is bad enough to make you want to cut your nose off, with the windows up and aircon on full. Those steers are not feeding naturally.

Buffalo did not leak milk 365 days a year and were not fed the same as dairy. Not only that, but they are different creatures. Your inability to recognize these minor details discredits your resulting theory.

Not that I think cows are the major problem in this case - humans are. Refusal to accept this, along with the masses of people who 'think' the same, means that the problem will not be solved. Mom Nature will rid the world of this type of creature, and soon.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Too sad about everything else, though. There's some cool plants and animals out there.

Last edited:
Whatever you do, don't let facts interfere with your 'thinking'. There were no buffalo feedlots. Going down 5, you can smell Harris Ranch fifty miles before you get there and another fifty after you pass. The stink is bad enough to make you want to cut your nose off, with the windows up and aircon on full. Those steers are not feeding naturally.

Buffalo did not leak milk 365 days a year and were not fed the same as dairy. Not only that, but they are different creatures. Your inability to recognize these minor details discredits your resulting theory.

Not that I think cows are the major problem in this case - humans are. Refusal to accept this, along with the masses of people who 'think' the same, means that the problem will not be solved. Mom Nature will rid the world of this type of creature, and soon.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Too sad about everything else, though. There's some cool plants and animals out there.
What makes Democrats so angry and insulting toward those that don't think like them?
So you are one of those full grown greenies? Hopefully you are 100% practicing what you preach, doing the opposite of the Al Gores of the world. Setting an example for others, is all your electrical use from solar, and you ride a bicycle or walk everywhere?
Are all your sources of heat and cooking derived from green electricity?

I am not condoning what the Capitol rioters did, but it became more of a fiasco than it should have, that is on the mayor on down, she was running the show. I hope this incident leads to major changes

Correction.....you meant from trump on down.

And yes, I believe there will be some major changes.....

If people would just realize that the price of eggs on the south side of Mars is the reason for Earth's global warming the world would be a better place.
You were joking but I now realize eggs can contribute to global warming. I had a roommate
in my early 20's that his choice for pot munchies was pickled eggs. The guy would go to Costco and fill a cart with gallon jars of the things. We had Friday and Saturday night poker games. He was a horrible poker player, that is the only reason we tolerated him and his constant stench. Outside was fresh clean mountain air close to a lake, yet we had to sit in what smelled like a sewage plant.

Correction.....you meant from trump on down.

And yes, I believe there will be some major changes.....
Trump, he may live in your head, but he is long gone and not coming back. I was speaking of the mayor of DC, who was left to run things on Jan 6th, no matter what your left wing sources tell you. She was given full access to the National Guard on June 6th but deployed the first wave on traffic control. She as with many others under estimated the threat of the carnage, and also was leery of how it would look if a strong military action was taken to snuff the riot out as DEMOCRATS don't like policing to look like military actions.

Trump, he may live in your head, but he is long gone and not coming back. I was speaking of the mayor of DC, who was left to run things on Jan 6th, no matter what your left wing sources tell you. She was given full access to the National Guard on June 6th but deployed the first wave on traffic control. She as with many others under estimated the threat of the carnage, and also was leery of how it would look if a strong military action was taken to snuff the riot out as DEMOCRATS don't like policing to look like military actions.
Not so much living in my head as pointing out a facts you had forgotten about.

Pretty sure most people didn't see the commander in chief whipping up a riotous crowd to attack the Capitol.

On another note, I see you've been a member for about 1 month. Is this your first membership or do you have previous accounts here on pm?

Hodge

Not so much living in my head as pointing out a few facts you had forgotten about.

Pretty sure most people didn't see the commander in chief whipping up a riotous crowd to attack the Capitol.

On another note, I see you've been a member for about 1 month. Is this your first membership or do you have previous accounts here on pm?

Hodge

Not so much living in my head as pointing out a facts you had forgotten about.

Hodge
First timer, my internet presence bounces up and down, mostly related to amusing myself during down time. The recent gun control debates drew me out of my internet seclusion. I was curious if a group of common folk could come up with a solution out of touch with reality politicians could not. I just started Googling stuff and I got a hit on this place, and it is into manufacturing so I signed up. I have recently been kicked off more sites than I can count as most seem to be run by liberals and have biased moderation, most of those were related to sports fans, NFL, NBA, etc,etc. I have never been the tongue biting type.

What makes Democrats so angry and insulting toward those that don't think like them?

It's exasperating when people insist the sun rises in the west, or the earth is flat, or that we didn't land on the moon. Your idea of 'facts' is somewhat distorted.

So you are one of those full grown greenies? Hopefully you are 100% practicing what you preach, doing the opposite of the Al Gores of the world. Setting an example for others, is all your electrical use from solar, and you ride a bicycle or walk everywhere?
Are all your sources of heat and cooking derived from green electricity?

Probably a different kind of "greeny" than you think but since you are throwing stones, I do walk or take public trans everywhere. Only use electric for lights and the laptop, and they are led's on 12v. Cooking is alcohol. I'm not a plains Indian, admittedly, but use as little of everything as possible. We deserve to live here but we don't deserve to ruin the place.

btw, not my biz but you should probably quit pretending you're not citizenf16. It's sort of a bad look when you ask for credibility.

It's exasperating when people insist the sun rises in the west, or the earth is flat, or that we didn't land on the moon. Your idea of 'facts' is somewhat distorted.

Probably a different kind of "greeny" than you think but since you are throwing stones, I do walk or take public trans everywhere. Only use electric for lights and the laptop, and they are led's on 12v. Cooking is alcohol. I'm not a plains Indian, admittedly, but use as little of everything as possible. We deserve to live here but we don't deserve to ruin the place.

btw, not my biz but you should probably quit pretending you're not citizenf16. It's sort of a bad look when you ask for credibility.

Once again you just make stuff up, where did I say the Earth is flat, The sun rises in the west and we did not land on the moon. You seem to paint all with a broad brush. You cook with alcohol? Please explain, are you using Sterno? It seems the modern Democrat does what they say their opponents are doing. From what I gathered in my short time here the Democratic voters think Republicans align with all people that vote for those with R's at the end of their names, which is 100% false. If that isn't simplistic nonsense, what is?

This software is foreign to me and appears to have lots of bugs. I keep getting accused of being a second personality of someone I have no knowledge of. Not sure how to clear that up. I put in my location when I signed up but it doesn't show. I keep getting all these wait 30 second messages when posting. Hopefully this place is a work in progress, what a mess.

Once again you just make stuff up, where did I say the Earth is flat, The sun rises in the west and we did not land on the moon. You seem to paint all with a broad brush.
This whole nonsense that global warming is "opinion" is right along the lines of the bee ess I listed. I would say it's stupid, but moderation these days requires stepping gently.

You cook with alcohol? Please explain,
It's simple, you use an alcohol stove.

61BnoCJlTHL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

It seems the modern Democrat does what they say their opponents are doing.
Lots of things "seem to you." The only thing I can recommend is eat less pickles before bed.

This software is foreign to me and appears to have lots of bugs. I keep getting accused of being a second personality of someone I have no knowledge of.
Yeah right. And the check's in the mail, and your dog stepped on a bee. Better to just ignore it instead of lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back