What's new
What's new

OT RATS...Rats in the forklift!

My boss had a new luxury car,went on a six month cruise ,left the car with his 30year old son to keep it going.....anyhoo ,son took the car in to work for safer storage .....did one trip to the pet barn to get two big sacks of dogfood for the guard dog....Forgot dogfood was in trunk.......a week later opens car door and aaaargh!......Literally 50 million mice in car.....smell is heavy duty gasmask territory......Son panics ...father already thinks he is a nincompoop........however there is a simple solution ...car is less than a year old....insurance write off and a new car .

The trick is simple.

Rats cannot see that well so they travel along walls and rarely go into open as no protection and they cannot see well.

2x4 make great walls and can be placed to direct traffic.

Traps need to be placed 90 degrees from wall with bait next to wall and spaced so one going off does not trip the next one.

Locating where they climb is the hard part then place trap and get them.

Had little luck with bucket traps, runway setting gets many and bait not even needed as they just run over them.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

There are very good electric traps for mice. Wonder if larger versions exist for rats.
Stops the heart. Kinda hard to run off with the trap that way.

Controlling voles thru the winter at our trailer campsite has been a problem.
I used some green pellets from the local farm store as well as a waxy bait block in a box so access was restricted.

Worked rather well. We also bait inside the trailers and our measure of success is that the bait inside the trailer is not touched.

YMMV

You know I was reading about some new electric car with an 800 volt, yes 8 hundred, electrical system.
Kind of wish my skidsteer had one of those.
Let the little buggers chew on that !!!

You know I was reading about some new electric car with an 800 volt, yes 8 hundred, electrical system.
Kind of wish my skidsteer had one of those.
Let the little buggers chew on that !!!
Until it shorts out under your seat.....

Anyone seen The Cocaine Fiends". A drugs are evil movie from 1935. they go to the dead rat cafe to buy drugs and interact with loose women. I can not find a interior shot of the wallpaper in the cafe but I remember it is just rodents on their back.

Attachments

• The_Cocaine_Fiends_(1935)_-_Dead_Rat_Cafe.jpg
    The_Cocaine_Fiends_(1935)_-_Dead_Rat_Cafe.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 5
Doug,
I remember stories from the past of getting it on in the back of a VW and the seat springs shorting out the battery, and starting a fire.
Bob

Back