What's new
What's new

OT- Since most of us tend to lift too much.... is it possible to have an iguinal hernia with no exterior evidence of a bulge ?

Let's just say I've been making new friends with my Wesco mini electric forklift since last summer . The kids shows for work every day and never complains!! Ha
Why in the heck do WE wait til AFTER we rip something before the brain kicks into gear. :nutter:
Let us know how your Dr visit goes later this week; Hint, Hint! :toetap:

Possible, yes. One other thing that can mimic these symptoms are lower back nerve impingement. It will wrap around right into the groin as you said and can have similar sensations.
If you don’t have any lower back issues then I would lean towards hernia type tear in the muscle lining. If you have back pain, consider a round of prednisone and see if that doesn’t clear it up quickly. If that doesn’t do the trick you almost guaranteed have hernia in the works.

An aside: as always YMMV - I had no pains, gas or otherwise after the surgery. They do inflate you with CO2 during the work, so that may have been part of it. Only side effect was probably from the foley they put in for the surgery, they may have roughed me up a bit as i passed a couple of small clots afterwards.

I decided to get a hernia fixed......first I need a referral from a GP.......simple ?.....nope...... the GP decided to get me for going 10 years without seeing a doctor.....wouldnt give me the referral without going through the whole damn doctor mill............he s got me too,cause in a few short years (3) ,Im gonna hafta get a yearly medical clearance for a drivers licence...........a friend has been put right thru the doctor mill when his licence was suspended by the doctor ..........hes quite healthy for 75.....I knew one 35 year old ,feet and legs swollen and green,who still had a truck licence .....Fat Chris ....he had a heart attck driving his semi ,and died at the scene....I doctors let him have a licence ,whats all the tests and crap.

An aside: as always YMMV - I had no pains, gas or otherwise after the surgery. They do inflate you with CO2 during the work, so that may have been part of it. Only side effect was probably from the foley they put in for the surgery, they may have roughed me up a bit as i passed a couple of small clots afterwards.
Yes, but just to be clear, the gas is not passed through your bowels it would after say a colonoscopy. This was the most excruciating pain I ever felt in my neck and shoulders and as I mentioned previously, I have a very high tolerance for pain.

I had doctors go out of their way to make sure it was NOT a hernia. Had to use some connections to get an ultrasound and even then I don't think they could find it. It was just a way to get me in. Sure as shit I did have a hernia. Which I knew I did...because I knew exactly when it happened lol.

Anyways , had the robotic, make them go about an inch below belly button. They want to do it right at the lower part of it to help hide it, but when you are all bloated up from the surgery it is right at a the curve of your fat ass stomach and the stitches want to pull out.

Good luck!

a little off the subject. 1st broken back doc just blew me off, 2nd chiropracter took an xray and discovered it. 2nd time doc said i was wrong and didn't xray where i said it was. primary care doc sent me for mri of neck, mri people said bring him back for another he has other problems. after that one i was told don't lift anything you may get paralyzed. duh too late for that

Yes it is possible. I had one some 15 years ago. They found it on ultrasound, sent me to surgeon to get scheduled.. Old timer surgeon told me turn head, cough.. said it was small and didn't want to operate. I laid off it and got smarter about lifting things
I had been doing crunches trying to heal it... no. Hasn't bothered me since. Main thing I asked him was if it strangulates, will I know. He said yes, definitely.

FWIW (if at all), I just had my surgery yesterday. Left inguinal hernia repair, had them do it the more invasive way.

It HURTS to stand up!

Last edited:
A number of years ago I thought I may have had a hernia because I lifted a large window ac unit and carried it a couple of hundred feet. I kinda rested it a little on my waste area and the next day it hurt pretty bad. Concerned that it was a hernia, I went to the doctor and he explained that it was not a hernia but an injury to the vas deferens. He said it is a common injury that mimics a hernia.

i had same left side,45 years ago,off work 6 wks,my balls felt the size of grapefruits,and heavy as all get out,glad to hear they made it easier,3 days? wow
Good luck Don.
Gw

Back