What's new
What's new

OT- source for an inexpensive screw jack?

Trboatworks

Diamond
All-

I am doing a buildout for a club on a volunteer basis and need a source for eight screw jacks at low cost.
The design I need is as follows and a 500 pound load is sufficient.
Any ideals where to buy some of these cheap?

Thanks all.

IMG_1918.jpeg

Depending your definition of "cheap" and on the extension needed, screw jacks like the one in my 1998 Toyota pickup would fill the bill. I have adapted a couple for use in my shop. They are dead simple, compact, and reliable. Have a few club members loan you theirs for a day or two?

Denis

Not like the picture, but If you want a car screw jack from an auto salvage yard, LKQPickYourPart has them for $12.62

Duff Norton/Joyce jacks can be found on ebay, tougher part is quantity of 8 matching units.

If you don't need a Duff/Joyce unit and depending on stroke/size requirements you might find something on www.surpluscenter.com

You show a ball screw jacks, the ones I have here are not self locking if that matters to you. All my acme screw jacks are self locking.

Look at RV places and web sites. A trailer needs to be leveled and they often/usually sell them in sets of four and that helps keep the price down.

Back