What's new
What's new

OT the great canadian smoke out

Yup, even here in the Erie area. On some days driving east, I can look
right into the sun, with no sunglasses, it just looks like the moon in the daytime.

Tons of news coverage of affected area's (including poor old NYC) but not a single one of the actual fires, and no mention if TrueDope is actually doing anything about it.

I remember a few days in Oxnard, California when the sky was orange from the forest fires.
I an surprised that Canada is giving such light sentences....like the USA.
Light sentencing is strange.
I think prisons should be so hard that nobody would want to go back., not a social party time with one's buddies where the worst tough guy is the one everybody admires..Once a week in the cell shower with the fire hose, food plan with no special diet for ethnic people with a peanut butter self-made sandwich for anyone who doesn't take the menu. Then short-time sentences would be meaningful and help deter the next crime. Second murder one gets hung, Second child rape hung, Dealing $10.000 worth of illegal drugs hung..and the like. Politicians getting back door money one year for each $1,000,.

Last edited:
Light sentencing and ignoring crime may be a conspiracy to cause so much disorder that people consider Communism just to get some order/safety. It's a darn shame, but it seems many politicians are in on the scheme..or just too dumb to see what is happening.
To keep it related to machining..it's like deliberately firing up cracked grinding wheels when good wheels are also in the cabinet.

Last edited:
I remember a few days in Oxnard, California when the sky was orange from the forest fires.
I an surprised that Canada is giving such light sentences....like the USA.
Light sentencing is strange.
I think prisons should be so hard that nobody would want to go back., not a social party time with one's buddies where the worst tough guy is the one everybody admires..Once a week in the cell shower with the fire hose, food plan with no special diet for ethnic people with a peanut butter self-made sandwich for anyone who doesn't take the menu. Then short-time sentences would be meaningful and help deter the next crime. Second murder one gets hung, Second child rape hung, Dealing $10.000 worth of illegal drugs hung..and the like. Politicians getting back door money one year for each $1,000,.
Your being too lenient.

The smoke is extra dense today in North Jersey from the ripping fires in Canada. Anyone else having issues with it? They are predicting we might get into the red alert area for dangerous air quality. Our county had to put out a special message as there were a ton of 911 calls from the smoke.
It was REALLY bad in Bergen County. The local FD had to issue an announcement to stop the incoming phone calls on smoke. When I got home, I smelled like I had been cleaning fireplaces all day.

From what I hear, drugs possession in Singapore carries a sentence of death. I wish we had that here. I also wish there was no differentiation between one gram and one ton. The idea that a little is OK is the seed of corruption.

Ben Franklin's famous saying that the best way to rid people of poverty is to make it as miserable as possible applies to dope as well. Make it horrendous to be caught with dope and you'd see it dry up right fast. Reward people for dope and it grows legs.

As for the smoke...I saw that the human lump mayor Eric Adams of NYC is putting on a press conference today at 10AM to address the smoke issue. I'm not going to waste time watching it, but I do have to wonder just what exactly he's going to say that would have the very slightest impact. Maybe he'll propose new laws against fires in other countries and outlaw smoke from fires in general. Of course, he'll need a government grant of a few hundred million to fight the smoke....

We had their smoke here a couple weeks ago, one mile visibility mid afternoon. The worst of it lasted two days, with a steady haze and red moon before and since.

From what I hear, drugs possession in Singapore carries a sentence of death. I wish we had that here. I also wish there was no differentiation between one gram and one ton. The idea that a little is OK is the seed of corruption.

Ben Franklin's famous saying that the best way to rid people of poverty is to make it as miserable as possible applies to dope as well. Make it horrendous to be caught with dope and you'd see it dry up right fast. Reward people for dope and it grows legs.

As for the smoke...I saw that the human lump mayor Eric Adams of NYC is putting on a press conference today at 10AM to address the smoke issue. I'm not going to waste time watching it, but I do have to wonder just what exactly he's going to say that would have the very slightest impact. Maybe he'll propose new laws against fires in other countries and outlaw smoke from fires in general. Of course, he'll need a government grant of a few hundred million to fight the smoke....
The obvious solution for New York would be mandatory wearing of masks. They certainly must have warehouses full of them leftover from the covid thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Ox

Back