What's new
What's new

OT the great canadian smoke out

Drug kingpin gets 22 years, likely be out in 8 years, or less with good behavior.
Maurice Montain McCoy, Jr.
RE: “Mr. McCoy, having served a prior term in federal prison, was well aware of the potential consequences of his actions.

From what I hear, drugs possession in Singapore carries a sentence of death. I wish we had that here.

Same penalty for unlicensed firearms, and it surely ain't easy to get a license for a gun in Singapore.

I'm not sticking up for drugs, just pointing out that places with severe penalties for things you don't like often have severe penalties for things you do like, too. I'm not sure you can get half the package.

They just put out a recommendation that folks stay indoors due to the smoke. Course most peoples houses aren't sealed well enough, nor do they have good enough air filters for that to matter. Not to mention that at this time of year most people's air handlers aren't even running.

Except when you ultimately get lung cancer and my medical insurance premiums have to subsidize your treatment.
Here we go.....in that case, we're also gonna stop you from skydiving, riding a motorcycle, operating machinery, and eating anything but a Fauci-approved diet. No more smoking cigs, no more drinking alcohol, and no more driving in the rain or at night. No more driving any car without air bags. No more spending more than 10 minutes par day in the sun. No more having sex with anyone who doesn't have a sexual passport update daily proving they don't have AIDS. Because, you know, all are PROVEN to raise my insurance costs.

All hail the actuarial! We must protect the all-important health care costs!!! Especially when we are giving it away to half the world for free.

Where does the horseshit stop?

The air outside our shop right now looks like the inside of a centerless grinding shop! :ack2:

• Haha
Reactions: Ox
One of the anecdotes from the Ukraine conflict is Ru has had to redirect conscripts from seasonal fire duty in the taiga forests to frontline duty.
I don’t know if there is a reason for the Canadian fire season increase.
I don’t seem to remember similar seasonal fire/smoke effects on the East Coast.

One of the anecdotes from the Ukraine conflict is Ru has had to redirect conscripts from seasonal fire duty in the taiga forests to frontline duty.
I don’t know if there is a reason for the Canadian fire season increase.
I don’t seem to remember similar seasonal fire/smoke effects on the East Coast.
A number of years ago this happened from fires in Canada, it wasn't this severe though.

Tons of news coverage of affected area's (including poor old NYC) but not a single one of the actual fires, and no mention if TrueDope is actually doing anything about it.

As much as I dont like Trudeau , how is it his fault that were in a climate catastrophe ?
I understand a lot more should be done about emissions and climate change but !
And trust me we arent enjoying the smoke and destruction either.

Back