What's new
What's new

OT- time to import some Euro iron guys …USD = € for the first time in my memory,

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately for me I made a large Euro purchase a couple of months ago when the exchange rate was pretty favorable but not like today. If I had waited I could have saved 1200 bucks

I converetd my bank account to US$
when I got the money for the yard............84c then ,67c now .....showing a very nice return and will get better as the Oz peso collapses ...as it regularly does...........the Euro is now less than par,and on then way down against the $US..........the pound had also taken a beating ................the general concensus of opinion is that Mad Vlad will first freeze them ,then thaw them with gamma rays.

I have to correct on the "first time in memory".
That would only be true if you have a short memory of less than 20 years.
I think the Euro was designed to be equal the US$, but I would not consider that appropriate anymore.
I was some weeks in the US in August just now and holy cow stuff is expensive.
Also any Deckel NC afficionado must remember that the main reason there are so many 1983 to 1985 Deckel in the US was the much much stonger $ back then.
And when I ordered a new BMW motorcycle from Germany to my place in the US in 1999 (through the diplomatic sales program) I briefly wanted to put a sticker on it naming it "exchange rate profit". My $ savings had gained so much I felt the moped was free.
I still have some $ in the US but will pull those back as Wells Fargo pays me all of 0.01% interest. And was not even bashful.

A bunch of my stuff has going off ebay in the past weeks, latest buyers were Gibraltar, Italy, USA. I should get the next Talyvel 4 finished and up there, as the price will look attractive from the other side of the Atlantic.

You want price rises.........cost of posting a book from US to Oz is now $80.....US $.
Just yesterday I received a 12" LCD monitor (to replace CRT in Siemens control) from Australia which cost only 50 USD to ship via DHL. Arrived in 4 days !

Got a machine making BT40 tool holders. I plan on making more than I normally would. All mills coming from Europe will be BT ( if steep taper).

Reactions: Ox

Back