What's new
What's new

OT: To all the United Kingdom Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved how the Queens wishes were to have the Canadian Mounties lead the procession. I was amazed as to how all the soldiers marched in unison and with such accuracy. I watched BBC and Fox and they reported that thousands of Americans traveled to England to pay their respect. We loved the Queen too.

Last edited:
I spoke to her once ( she was riding a horse in Hyde park) quite a few were there, she was very polite and approachable ( though there was probably a crosshairs on my head at the time!) a different time, she did a remarkable job of keeping Charles out of power till 72!!
Glad about that, don’t think he’s going to be the same myself but we’ll see.
I used to see the guards practicing marching, they seem very good at it, it was amusing to see a guy going down the road with a giant wooden dividers!,
Mark

You have my sincere condolences on the passing of your amazing Queen. I've been watching the funeral services on TV. The world will miss her.
God Bless.
Thanks, I didn’t know her personally, but we will miss her.

The boots they supply to the police and soldiers were the same, leather soled, parade boots were nailhead or hobnails, actually once broken in very comfy, better than rubber, I don’t get why but they were, an enigma
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back