What's new
What's new

OT what's the latest in the HAAS saga?

I doubt you will see anything on the Co site til it's all over. Sugest you look at the local papers to see if the reporters dig up and report info of local interest. Remember this is a very small Co, not somthing that will be of interest past a 20 mile radius. Not like it was an Enron, or a tobacky Co.

I followed it in the papers for a week or so. Last I heard (a week after the arrest) he had posted bail was back home, and one of the witness intimidation charges had been dropped.

I just had a machine delivered, the trucker told me that the Haas company was sold to a Japanese company, and Gene was going to spend full time with the racing department.

Is that rumor true?

I don't know....

Maybe just a good bit of mis-direction...

Pete

Up here at IMTS they have their name all over the place. At the Hyatt it's on tables in the bar,and pass keys. Cups and napkins at the show also. Looks like they are doing everything possible to get their name out there. Mark

I think that the latest is that nobody cares about it and they are selling just as many machines as before.
Sure seemes at IMTS that they were taking a lot of orders as usual and a lot of people were looking around checking things out.
Or it could have just been all the good looking women that they have working for them that drew the attention. But Fadal had them too and didn't seem as busy!
I hope it doesn't affect them at all. The guy made a mistake because he felt screwed, he didn't murder someone. Maybe a few months in jail, but other than that Oh Well.

Oh and No, it was a Chinese company that bought Haas. They had a little cardboard sign hanging up that said the Haas of China on some CNC Controls. Hahahaha that is a joke for those that don't know but the little cardboard sign was really there.

Back