What's new
What's new

Overcome the Noisy Haas Coolant Pump?

Hey All,
We have a 6 month old Haas VF-2SS. It's the first Haas I've worked on and I like most things about it. But MAN is the flood coolant pump loud. I've seen others complain about the same thing on the new machines around the internet so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good way to quiet it down? Can it be easily replaced? Are there other pump models that are quieter? The machine itself is damn near silent until the pump comes on.

Thanks,
N&TT

What brand of pump are they using these days? Newest Haas I have is a 2018 and coolant pump isn't any louder than an older model.

What brand of pump are they using these days? Newest Haas I have is a 2018 and coolant pump isn't any louder than an older model.

It's a Rajamane. Never heard of them.

And mhajicek, I would agree that it sounds like that, but I can't find anything, and I've heard others complain about the same issue with the new pumps.

Had an older haas that lost the bearing in the coolant pump. Was easy enough to pull apart, diagnose and repair. Wonder if the newer have bearings that are failing early?

We have a bunch of Walrus brand pumps on the rest of the machines that are nearly silent.

I'm literally sitting right next to a 2020 VF2 with a Korean made A-RYUNG pump and it's pretty darn quiet. Can't say the ones on our 2015 VF3, 2016 VF2 or 2019 VF5 are any nosier either. They all have the same brand pump on them.

Back