What's new
What's new

Part Counter ( Omniturn )

Blobis

Plastic
Hello everyone with a Omniturn.
I've looked at the G4 manual and found where it talks about ( part counter ) and ( cycle repeat ). Right now I have a Loop with a count of 28, ( LS28 ) at the beginning of the program and a ( LF ) just before the M30 / M02, so it does repeat 28 times, but it doesn't display how many parts have been made, and if I stop it or restart after a tool adjustment the count starts over again. Is there a way to keep the count after a restart. couldn't get the part counter or the cycle repeat counter to work yet. A program example would be great.
Thanks, Bob

Curious are you making 28 parts every time you push cycle start or are you putting 28 grooves in a single part?
In the past I have run a part with that cut off 3 pcs then started over. I am pretty sure I could use cycle repeat with the G2 I think controller. Do not remember trying the parts counter. If it did work I would assume that I would multiply the number by 3 to get my parts count. Doing a tool offset in the middle of the day does not make mine loose the parts count on regular programs, not sure on my one cycle repeat program.
The fellows at Omniturn are really helpful on stuff like this.

Ya, making 28 parts every time I push cycle start. And I don't lose count making a tool offset, I lose count if I need to reset. I sent same message to Omniturn, no response yet.
Thanks, Bob

Been over a year since I ran that one job with the repetition. I do not remember if it displays what repetition you are one. If it does that you could write than number down and add it to your total score. Are you getting out of the program by pressing motion stop then escape when you need to make an offset? If so, that should not affect your count. If you are pressing emergency stop to get out and make your offset, yeah you will lose the count.

What kind of nasty material are you running that you are seeing tools need adjusting in the middle of a cycle? I am running free machining stainless and fatigue proof mostly and I may make offset adjustments a couple times a day to hold 2 or 3 tenths.

Last edited:

Back