What's new
What's new

Parting out Brown and Sharpe universal grinder No 3(I think)

elitts

Plastic
I ended up with one of these after a laughable bid at an auction but I can't even move it with spending another hundred bucks.

I know there are some of you out there who have these, if there are smallish parts I can easily identify and remove for you before this gets scrapped, you can have them for free if you want to cover shipping.

PS, I'm thinking "small-medium Flat rate box" here, I'm not crating up any 50lb parts or anything.

You have about 14 hours.

I would be interested in any tooling that fits into a B&S no. 11 taper. Especially adapters BS11->???

metalmagpie

I do not know this equipment beyond knowing roughly what it is. But very little tooling was included. If you want to tell me what diameter the opening is on the #11 taper, I will measure these and if they will be useful to you, they are yours:

img(2).jpg

Just saying, If you put $300 as the price with free loading and actually stated what the hell it is in your original ad it would have been sold in hours.

I have certainly benefited from seller stupidity such as this before so I can't complain too much.

Kind of dumbfounding you have the skills to write two different ads on this site yet cannot name the machine or put a price on it.

Just saying, If you put $300 as the price with free loading and actually stated what the hell it is in your original ad it would have been sold in hours.

I have certainly benefited from seller stupidity such as this before so I can't complain too much.

Kind of dumbfounding you have the skills to write two different ads on this site yet cannot name the machine or put a price on it.

I didn't know what it was at the time I wrote the first ad and since I can't edit old posts, there was no way to update it when I finally figured out what it was. Sadly, my ability to write or type doesn't also give me the ability to identify 90 year old equipment with no label on it. I had to wait until someone who knew what it was, told me.

It would be a real shame for that machine, which seems pretty complete and usable, to be scrapped after a couple of parts were plucked from it. I'm sure if you advertised it correctly and offered it for a good price, you would be out of owning it and some other guy would be very happy to have it!
Also, bear in mind, once you start parting it out, no one will be interested in the rest of it, and you will still be left with a big ole' pile of cast iron sitting there that no one wants.

You don’t want to spend a hundred bucks moving it? That’s the crappiest reason I’ve ever heard for parting out a functional machine. This is a unique piece of history and you committed to buy it. Follow through. All you need to do is rent a drop deck trailer and a pallet jack, haul it home, and worry about the rest later.

Back