What's new
What's new

Perfect, Late Heavy 10 South Bend with loads of accessories in 46311

jbhigley

Plastic
My dad bought this lathe new in 1980 including the serialized collet closer, lever cross slide, and bed turret. Note the D1-4 Camlock spindle with nearly new Buck 6 jaw with both sets of jaws. It comes with a real Aloris AXA toolpost with 10 holders, drill chuck, live center, steady rest, follower rest, some collets, etc. as shown in the pictures.

This lathe has led a very easy life and has always been dripping with oil. The headstock does need to be re-felted. Everything else except the paint is in perfect condition. SB used lousy paint then, and most of the paint came off within the first few years.

The lathe is in Dyer, IN 46311 very near Chicago. $4,200 please text first at two one nine, six one three, two seven one two before calling. I'm listing it here first, but it will go on FB marketplace in a week or so.
Thanks!
Jim

Attachments

• aloristooling.jpg
    aloristooling.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 318
  • collets.jpg
    collets.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 324
  • overview.jpg
    overview.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 343
  • serial.jpg
    serial.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 325
  • tooling.jpg
    tooling.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 295
  • turret.jpg
    turret.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 314
Very Nice Lathe at a very nice price! If I was in the market for another South Bend, I would for sure jump on this.

When you figure what it would take to find and buy a lathe in that condition, then to find and buy all of the accessories, that's a bargain.
If I had room in the shop, I'd be on the road right now.

Thanks for the replies and feedback on price. I was hoping the price was fair. By tomorrow afternoon, the lathe will be moved from the basement to the garage, so that should make loading way easier.

Back