Status
Not open for further replies.
Motion

mass, velocity, momentum, force

Newton's laws of motion
Newton's law of universal gravitation
Newton's law of viscosity
Newton's law of cooling

Of course his work in optics while important at the time has been largely superceded (read footnote)

And as you point out mathematics isn't properly "science" with an undefined epistemological status
This is what's on Cornell Universities website. Apparently there is documentation which Gottfried Leibniz
(helped to invent calculus) actually among defended Bessler's machine. Some have said they observed it
working. People can click on Alejandro Jenkin's name at the top left highlighted in blue and see what
other items he has posted and who with. https://arxiv.org/abs/1301.3097

Even a working wheel will be considered a hoax for a while. It is considered impossible, right? And the question
people will have trouble asking is why does the weight assembly move up the arm if it's not being lifted? Because
the arm rotates on an axis different from the fulcrum of the weight assembly. It moves relative to its axle while the
weight wheel assembly remains the same distance from its fulcrum. Basically the 2 pulleys that can be seen shift
the swing of the weight wheel assembly so it will swing with the arm. If the video is stopped at 24 seconds,
how the retraction line can be seen. As the arm/wheel rotates, there is always a 90º between the axle of the wheel
and where the retraction line meets the retraction disc. It seems that the video quality was degraded when editing
was done. This is the original video I used in some of my videos.

p.s., I'd suggest watching the video at 0.25 speed in the setting (gear) in low right corner of the video.

Last edited:
Why do you keep posting a video of a thing which fails to function?
If that thing was ever going to work, it would have within minutes of the failed demonstration
This is the kind of thing that was fun to ponder before the internet when you could not look up the foolishness of your proposals in 30 milliseconds

By this I mean that for every 367 kg per 1 meter of torque equals 1 kWh of energy per second.

I know this is a few pages back, but this statement caught my attention. If you run the dimensional analysis (ignoring that "per" usually means division we'll multiply since he references it as a torque), you can get the units to line up but the end result is that 367 kg*m = 3 600 000 kg*m

With math like that, who wouldn't want to harvest some of that energy for free?

I haven't but I'll have to check him out. I happen to like science fiction. Of course if Bessler's Wheel works out then I might be able to go
H.G. Wells and science. The U.S. has had droughts and has aquifers drying up.
With my situation, this build works then if I do anything else like this (I have my own design based on math and mechanics) then I could
have a small machine shop at home. Anodized aluminum would look trick. I might build my design with wood and plexiglass (I already
have the plexiglass). My design can be less than 2 ft. in diameter so it'd be for show. And that I can patent. At the moment I just need to
finish the current build.
Then again Bessler's Wheel is something out of time. And its principle of operation is allowed for in mathematics. In math the inverse is
always true. With Bessler's Wheel, instead of the hoist rotating to lift a weight, the inverse happens. The wheel rotates.
An example is 2^3 = 8 and the cube root of 8 is 2. Inverted functions. 2 * 2 * 2 = 8 and 8 / 2 / 2 = 2.
So to lift the weight, rotating either the hoist or the wheel proves the function of the other expression. I am hoping to have the frame
assembled on Saturday and on its stand on Sunday. And with Lem, I bookmarked a page about him. I actually requested the video Solaris
from my local library. They also have the book

The truth and other stories​

I loved Solaris (in book form, haven't seen the movie), The Futurological Congress was my introduction to Lem and led me to read more of him.
Good luck with your project. I sincerely mean that, but I'm afraid you're just going to keep getting frustratingly close but never quite able to make it happen.

...With math like that, who wouldn't want to harvest some of that energy for free?

What?

"Harvest energy from gravity"?

Well. the most expensive part of the INFRASTRUCTURE was already installed before we arrived to TAP it.

A sun ... and a rotating planet .... subject to its periodic solar tides.. 'gravity' driven, even.

Extracting power is done every day of the year, year AFTER year...and on a progressively grander scale ... ancient times to present-day ..

....and going forward.

So much for "tidal".

Ocean WAVE motion is related (our sun is the ultimate source for both..) but not identical to tidal.

That, too is being tapped:

Last edited:
I retract my apology above. It is clear from the video posted above by the entity labeled "clim" that it is quite clearly taking the piss. I especially like the part when one of the sliding weights falls off. Excellent work!
BTW, I thought it was common knowledge that a perpetual motion machine can only be made with ivory, old growth lignum vitae and cementation brass.

"only be made with ivory, old growth lignum vitae and cementation brass."

Not to mention, the ever-popular nobendium and unobtainium!

It's very easy to harvest energy from gravity. The only problem is that the more you harvest, the more it hurts when you hit the ground. ( unless your name is Wylie coyote and you have Acme brand springs strapped to your feet )

I loved Solaris (in book form, haven't seen the movie), The Futurological Congress was my introduction to Lem and led me to read more of him.
Good luck with your project. I sincerely mean that, but I'm afraid you're just going to keep getting frustratingly close but never quite able to make it happen.

I might have to get the book. The Wright Bros. faced a lot of criticism for building an airplane. PeopleWhat some of these guys missed is when the weight fell off the arm, then and only then did it rotate backwards.

I was writing a response when the power went out. With what I'm working on, it took years to understand it. And with the builds I've done, I have a lot of practical experience with it.
What governments might start realizing is homes could've been 1/2 way into the ground (for insulation) and then geothermal heating and cooling.
With what they're building in Germany, the flask is probably heated by geothermal heat.
I do think my build will work. Math and mechanics and I've done a lot of it.
I've read Atlas Shrugged and also watched the movie. i might have to do the same with Lem.

Actually it would NOT work, much the same.

Boy, for a board where people don't want to waste time discussion "hobby grade machines" there is sure a lot of time being wasted on a totally impossible build. At least the "hobby grade machines" actually make things. And I have even seen people making a living with them.
Yeah this is going on way too long for a fantasy project... locky poo time... :nono:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back