What's new
What's new

Perpetual motion machine-what to do-what to do--

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if scientists say it's conserving gravity's energy? Then it wouldn't be overturning thermodynamics.

@rrrgcy, I'm doing a much better build. This is a test fitting. What's in the video is a prototype. Why I didn't
finish this 2 or 3 months ago.

Looks like poorly done lawn ornament.

Who's got the popcorn?

Ed.

I have a friend that claims his dad left plans for a perpetual motion machine to him when he died. He is excited and certain it will work and he wants me to build it for him. I reluctantly agreed to help with it but I told him in no uncertain terms that I feel he is throwing money away. Every time we make another part he just glows as he sees the completion nearing. It's the usual magnet device with a few twists. $400 so far for alum tool and jig plate and probably as much for McMaster Carr stuff he bought. I'm charging him very little for my machine time and the longer I drag it out the longer he can be confident in his design. He made a crude wooden model that he claimed "almost" worked and he is positive a more precision one will work. I told him the patent office won't even look at perpetual motion devices but it didn't slow him down a bit. Any advice on how other machinists would have handled this one?
We have a saying in Australia - "Tell him he's dreaming"

My buddy made a magnetic motor designed to run on permanent magnets for an engineer up in Cheboygan Michigan.
I don't know how close it got running but it was a fun project for him.

I could make one that would work if I could find some rare element that would function as a magnetic insulator.. Yes if we had that element such a moror would have been built long ago.

"With their wind tunnel, wind velocity in the tunnel created lift in their model. Wind velocity translated to thrust. It'd be interesting to know if they used
a scale to measure it in pounds which is used today.

WRONG AGAIN.

All the existing wind tunnel data at that time used SPRING SCALES and when you do that you get the WRONG ANSWER which is why the strokagenius that the brothers did was to ignore all the existing (wrong, spring scale derived) and used their own data, from a pantograph balance that directly balanced the lift from a test airfoil section against the drag of a flat plate in the same airstream.

If you look at the other airfoils of the day, much too thick a chord. There's a scaling error when you reduce the size of an airfoil to wind-tunnel it. Not understood at the time but the scaling error cancels out when the drag plate and airfoil are in the same stream of air.

If you're serious about technology you'll go the extra distance to understand the CORRECT history and stop just making things up. Does not impress.

My buddy made a magnetic motor designed to run on permanent magnets for an engineer up in Cheboygan Michigan.
I don't know how close it got running but it was a fun project for him.

I could make one that would work if I could find some rare element that would function as a magnetic insulator.. Yes if we had that element such a moror would have been built long ago.

I'm from Ohio and you're from Michigan. Some people in Europe are familiar with my work. One is a librarian and the other is a scientist. They also
know that Nazis didn't catch my Father but they caught his friend. As to your basic concern. When 2 opposing poles are attracted to each other, why
not have 2 such magnets attract and repel the same magnet? Has anyone tried that yet? No? And now you know why it doesn't work. It hasn't been
tried.
2 B an a$$hole, what about timing? º before or after TDC? How does compression affect timing? Is magnetic compression similar to what an
internal combustion engine experiences when it wants to create torque? How about when the cam has an overlap for opening the intake and
exhaust valves? Performance engines usually have over lap because of the high lift and duration. I think the compression of a magnetic field
would be similar to gasses combusting inside of a cylinder.
I mean the only thing that can shield a magnetic field is lead or it being neutralized. With cars there are ways to increase the atmospheric pressure
inside the combustion chamber. You know, a blower, turbo charger or just your basic ram air injection like on a 1969 GS 400 California Special.
I'm not sure if a gain can be realized by manipulating the strength of a magnet's field. I owned one of those and a 67 GTO with a Big Block 400.

Attachments

• electric.png
    electric.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
"With their wind tunnel, wind velocity in the tunnel created lift in their model. Wind velocity translated to thrust. It'd be interesting to know if they used
a scale to measure it in pounds which is used today.

WRONG AGAIN.

All the existing wind tunnel data at that time used SPRING SCALES and when you do that you get the WRONG ANSWER which is why the strokagenius that the brothers did was to ignore all the existing (wrong, spring scale derived) and used their own data, from a pantograph balance that directly balanced the lift from a test airfoil section against the drag of a flat plate in the same airstream.

If you look at the other airfoils of the day, much too thick a chord. There's a scaling error when you reduce the size of an airfoil to wind-tunnel it. Not understood at the time but the scaling error cancels out when the drag plate and airfoil are in the same stream of air.

If you're serious about technology you'll go the extra distance to understand the CORRECT history and stop just making things up. Does not impress.

And yet in 1902 they tested a kite to determine drag. I'm not sure what you know about the Wright Bros. but they started with the math that Otto Lilienthal developed for his hang gliders. And then they realized that for powered flight that they had to use their own math. And yet they said that Otto inspired them.
With their wind tunnel, by any standard it was small. What is surprising about it is its length. That would help them to ensure that they could measure wind velocity (thrust) accurately. You have to admit that they used a very small scale model which is quite impressive.

What if scientists say it's conserving gravity's energy? Then it wouldn't be overturning thermodynamics.

@rrrgcy, I'm doing a much better build. This is a test fitting. What's in the video is a prototype. Why I didn't

We live in a world with friction. The frictional losses will stop your machine. Entropy always increases. Mathematics can live in a delightful frictionless abstraction. You can't.

But really, don't take my word for it. If it works, which CNC milling machine of mine do you want? I have some Brothers, An Okuma, A Takisawa, a Fadal and a Bridgeport. Take your pick.

QT (the only thing that can shield a magnetic field is lead or...)
Does lead shield a magnet?
I have a 64 GTO with a 400 (I think it's a 400?) out in the garage.
it has a rod knock engine, but I have a good engine to put in. (my son's car so not for sale)

We live in a world with friction. The frictional losses will stop your machine. Entropy always increases. Mathematics can live in a delightful frictionless abstraction. You can't.

But really, don't take my word for it. If it works, which CNC milling machine of mine do you want? I have some Brothers, An Okuma, A Takisawa, a Fadal and a Bridgeport. Take your pick.

You've seen my work and you know I am actually building something. I mean my videos are kind of obvious, right?
I tend to be an a$$hole. If what I'm doing works, maybe you could let kids know about machining as a career? So I
couldn't be a machinist because of disabilities, some people might find it a good career choice.
Let's face it, as a disabled Veteran I'm not welcome in the U.S. As 1/2 Norwegian I am not welcome in the U.S.
Since you're a betting man I have a gamble for you. My current build works, that is this one and not some other build,
you'll build my invention for me. In return you'll receive 20% of the profits and at least 1/4 of that will go to educating kids.
I mean could you expose kids to machining and what goes on in a machine shop? If they don't like it then they'll know
it's not for them. But how to know? I knew when I went with my mother to pick up my father from work. She waited in the car
and I walked inside. That's when I fell in love with machining and my dad was on a lathe.
Most guys will say job, etc.

Just an FYI, because of my service connected hearing loss I like watching videos like this;
Deaf people do not allow for speech while people with normal hearing require normal hearing. I don't fit into either group. I do like watching ASL videos
but science and engineering will not allow me to learn that language.

Last edited:

It is quite notable that perpetual motion machines never come out of the advanced physics labs full of educated and experienced scientists. Instead they are "invented" by random nobodies :)

It is quite notable that perpetual motion machines never come out of the advanced physics labs full of educated and experienced scientists. Instead they are "invented" by random nobodies :)
At the present moment scientists say that gravity has no energy. It is simply a force between 2 objects and nothing more.
F = G(M1M2)/r^2. Kind of basic. G is the universal constant while M1 and M2 are the masses of two celestial bodies.
g = GMr^2. g is 9.81 m/s and G is the universal constant while M is the mass of the celestial body while r^2 is the distance
from the center of the celestial body.
What allows for 2 bodies to be attracted to each other? Gravity. And what is gravity?
Scientists say that perpetual motion is impossible because as one weight drops another is lifted. To watch the videos I
have posted, this happens. Yet an equilibrium is not realized. An imbalance is created just as Bessler said.
Kind of why a debate should be allowed for.
With Newton's equation, it shows where the Moon and the Earth have equal gravity. Newton's work is based on this specific relationship.
That is why the Earth is 1 AU or astronomical unit.

Last edited:
I am curious. When I worked at Boeing, I took off hour classes at Renton Voc Tech. Have any of you
ever used the 3 wire measurement when chasing threads? If you know, there's an actual formula for
measuring the pitch and angles of threads. And it takes 3 wires placed in the threads and that value has
a specific value.

So the weight on the left is rising, against gravity, as it's spoke moves from the 6 o-clock position to the 9 o-clock position. Something must be pulling it up. And that takes energy/work.

You claim that the weights are in the same position when the wheel stops as when it started. These two states are 1/4 revolution apart. So, if it started to rotate at the beginning of the video, WHY does it stop at the end. If the weights are in the same position and they are the same weight, then it should continue rotating.

But it doesn't. So, what is different? Something must be.

When I finish my build and if it works as the proof of concept shows, then it will be realized. When it rotated 90º and only stopped because the retraction line did not release shows it can work. Saying only a working wheel proves the concept is someone wanting control. At the same time if it works I'll most likely be very famous.
I've heard that Europe has an energy shortage. And I'll probably be finished with it this coming week. Because I am medically handicapped it is difficult to work on it.
Yet I am building at my own expense without a proper shop to work in. If it is successful then I won't be surprised if a business gives me a CNC mill. It'd be good P.R.
This automatically loops. Notice when it stops the weights have shifted to the same position that they were in when it started to rotate? That shows it can be a repeated process. I'm going to take it easy while I finish this build.

From Germany; https://apnews.com/article/russia-u...rending-news-176229c8932869f45e553e615a6e9953

What allows for 2 bodies to be attracted to each other? Gravity. And what is gravity?
One theory is that it is the effect of "shadow".

As one body occludes another, a universal OUTSIDE radiant-but-invisible force - coming equally from all directions - PUSHES them together off the back of the differential of the "shadowed" area not having counter-push.

Ain't you sorry you asked?

No fear. Sort the perpetual bloviation machine first.

We need the eggs.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back