What's new
What's new

Philips, Grundig, Millplus Information Collaboration

Hello, maybe you still have the wiring diagram of this power supply or the pinout of the output connector?
I have the same problem now, and I would like to replace this power supply with a similar one, but with a more technological base.
Dear sir. We are very sorry, but we cannot supply any lay out or circuit diagrams.
Kind regards
Robtec Automation

Here's something that might be helpful for those with PG1220 PS woes. This is a page out the of Schroff VME catalog. It lists the PE1927/23B ps that I have been running in my DMU50V for the past few months as a PS in one of their VME chassis. If you can find on of these on ebay, it will likely have the same PS inside. Also, you might want to contact Schroff for a schematic. Ive dealt with them before and found them to be a helpful company.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at 7.28.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at 7.28.58 PM.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 33
This is very helpful Mark, I also want to add that any power supply that fits in that chassis very likely has to adhere to the VME standard and although it may appear different it should still be plug and play. From the research I did on VME a few years back this was the goal of the Industrial VME standard so there should be a few options for power supplies out there. Hopefully some are better than the solution that came with the VME CNC532/Millplus from Factory. I would think Radisys may have something, but I've never reached out to them.

Dave @ Nerv

Hello, there is a DMU 50 running MillPlus, the battery is dead, all the parameters have flown off, could you help me tell me how to restore them, the ini is on the hard disk.
[email protected]

Hello, there is a DMU 50 running MillPlus, the battery is dead, all the parameters have flown off, could you help me tell me how to restore them, the ini is on the hard disk.
[email protected]
Hello Alex,
The first problem is the BIOS, which will be gone without battery power. Further on SRAM (Batt.backed) will be gone which hold the machine constants (MC), tools, parameters etc.
If there is no copy of the machine constants, there is a problem, as each DMU 50 is similar, but the MC`s are different. Software (SW) limits, tool change positions etc.
If the Mill Plus is SW level 400 or above, the last machine constants are stored on the Hard Drive in D: "powerup" or “Startup" directory or another directory. The extension will be .MC
If not, the machine constants from another DMU50 have to be used and adjusted to this machine.
The .mc in C: are default machine constants and can only be used, if the MC doesn’t start at all.
Hope this could be of help.
Regards,
PGH Team

Good afternoon.
Made resuscitation of the hard drive, rewrote the parameter file. Bios set up:
1. Submenu "Memory Shadow" disabled
2. BIOS Embedded Extension Configuration BIOS Extension Base Address all disabled
During the boot process, DOS gives two errors:
1. umb upper limit segment address f88a
2. Microsoft Interlnk version 1.00
Connection NOT established
Driver NOT installed

After downloading the program, there are no errors.
When moving any axis in manual mode, error E60 is triggered.
Hello, can I ask you if you have solved this problem?

Hello Alex,
The first problem is the BIOS, which will be gone without battery power. Further on SRAM (Batt.backed) will be gone which hold the machine constants (MC), tools, parameters etc.
If there is no copy of the machine constants, there is a problem, as each DMU 50 is similar, but the MC`s are different. Software (SW) limits, tool change positions etc.
If the Mill Plus is SW level 400 or above, the last machine constants are stored on the Hard Drive in D: "powerup" or “Startup" directory or another directory. The extension will be .MC
If not, the machine constants from another DMU50 have to be used and adjusted to this machine.
The .mc in C: are default machine constants and can only be used, if the MC doesn’t start at all.
Hope this could be of help.
Regards,
PGH Team
The files are saved on the hard disk, but I do not know how to activate them. After turning on the machine gives a message

Attachments

• IMG_20230627_161309.jpg
    IMG_20230627_161309.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 24
The files are saved on the hard disk, but I do not know how to activate them. After turning on the machine gives a message
Hello Alex,
It would be good to take out Hard Drive and make a copy of it- but be careful not to make ANY (very important) Changes to the disk- it will not start again!!
If not sure, do not touch the Hard Drive!

First switch machine into English:
(Always Look into operators manual for instructions!)
Change to tab 4 (operation) - menu to installation- Maschinen konstanten - Edit (if no edit visible- change machine constant 80 to 1)
Power down-power up, same as before, machine constant edit (soft key 2) ,
Change mc5 to English

Power down-power up-
Same as before- mc edit-
FILE OPERATION, Change .Dir to Dir with machine constant and rename, or copy mc.mc to a different name 050723.mc for example.
and select .mc load into memoy.
When done Power down-power up-. If you still get O23, check which is the problem and correct or load .mc again.
- with the other files, for example .tm and use similar procedures.
Regards,
PGH Team

Hello Alex,
It would be good to take out Hard Drive and make a copy of it- but be careful not to make ANY (very important) Changes to the disk- it will not start again!!

Change to tab 4 (operation) - menu to installation- Maschinen konstanten - Edit (if no edit visible- change machine constant 80 to 1)
Change mc5 to English

Power down-power up-
Same as before- mc edit-
FILE OPERATION, Change .Dir to Dir with machine constant and rename, or copy mc.mc to a different name 050723.mc for example.
When done Power down-power up-. If you still get O23, check which is the problem and correct or load .mc again.
Regards,
PGH Team
Thank you for being in touch, I'll try tomorrow, can I tell you more about c80 where and how to change it?

Hello Alex,

Change mc5 to English

Power down-power up-
Same as before- mc edit-
Regards,
PGH Team
Hello, there is still such a mistake what to do?

Attachments

• IMG_20230707_095145.jpg
    IMG_20230707_095145.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 27
Good afternoon.
Made resuscitation of the hard drive, rewrote the parameter file. Bios set up:
1. Submenu "Memory Shadow" disabled
2. BIOS Embedded Extension Configuration BIOS Extension Base Address all disabled
During the boot process, DOS gives two errors:
1. umb upper limit segment address f88a
2. Microsoft Interlnk version 1.00
Connection NOT established
Driver NOT installed

After downloading the program, there are no errors.
When moving any axis in manual mode, error E60 is triggered.
Hello, did you solve the problem with the E60?

If someone here still has the hard drive images of millplus controller for DMU50 please send me direct message or email to waltherr(a)runbox.com

Hi, do you have your machine constants written somewhere for your machine? What year and exact model do you have? DMU50, 50T, or 50V?

Hello ,
I bought deckel maho dmu 60t 1998, and a friend of mine suggested making a copy of hard drive, I used ATA to USB adapter to connect hard drive to my laptop, my pc didn't recognize the hard drive, but imaging software (macrium reflect) was able to see it. After making an image of the hard drive, I return it to the machine. After that, the machine was not able to boot. It returned the following error: hard disk 0 failure, operating system not found. Does anybody have a solution for this? Machine configuration: Control unit mill plus V330 Phillips pg1220 digital servo drives heidenhain ddc2 4 axis configuration X, Y, Z, C

Attachments

• deckel error.jpg
    deckel error.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 13
You can’t connect a hard drive that’s running Dos to a newer windows computer or it will rewrite the boot sector/ MBR. If you connect to another computer, it needs to be an OS besides windows like Mac osx or Linux or it needs to be a Dos computer. I have successfully added files to correct corrupted files by plugging it into a Mac, and then dragging the files and overwriting the old files. as far as duplication goes, I would never use software duplication. It’s always better to get a reliable ide capable hardware duplicator that does bit for bit copies. I think there is a way to correct the master boot record in Dos but you’ll have to go to one of the Dos forums and ask around. I don’t remember exactly what was recommended.

Last edited:
Dear Members,

I have a DMU125P with Millplus (PG 1220 Philips variant, 486DX 66 MHZ type). If anyone needs any info feel free to reach out.

So far observations-
1. There are two types of mainboard cards- be careful when ordering replacements. Basic difference is in the CPU speed and RAM.
2. The VMEbus interface is an industrial architecture and many other processor boards have been made. Some day if I have a spare machine which is not in production I would possibly try replacing the main board with a different type and see if it works. I have had success in a different architecture wherein I had tried this out.
3. The DDC2 cards appear to be an extension of the VMEbus interface (the fiber optic cables are connected as a daisy chain which makes me think they are basically extensions on the VMEBus converted to proprietary interface cards to control the Simodrive units. If this is the case, the same software working on a regular PC with a VMEBus inteface unit might be able to work these machines. Not sure yet, needs further homework.

If anyone has any experience on this, I would love to hear.

Best regards

Jaideep

Back