What's new
What's new

Phonebooth size machine: Practical for job shop work?

He won't tell you, or give you any information that would allow you to look it up. He wants to be the middleman and sell it to you.
Oooh, sour grapes. Tell you what - I'll tell you who makes that particular vmc when you hand over your customer list and a stack of prints.

You make your living doing one thing, we do another. I don't rag on your ass for not putting all your proprietary info online, perhaps you should consider doing the same.

The point here was, I seriously doubt that Trak makes these things. Why don't you send them an email asking who does, so you can be outraged that they won't tell you either ?

I seem to have predicted this back in post #5....
Yep, they always show up.

With a larger machine you can have multiple setups on the table, currently there's 2 vises on the lh hand side running parts in soft jaws, and on the rh side there's 2 vises for one part, so that's why I prefer 4020's based on experience and the parts I run.

Different strokes for different folks.

Oooh, sour grapes. Tell you what - I'll tell you who makes that particular vmc when you hand over your customer list and a stack of prints.

You make your living doing one thing, we do another. I don't rag on your ass for not putting all your proprietary info online, perhaps you should consider doing the same.

The point here was, I seriously doubt that Trak makes these things. Why don't you send them an email asking who does, so you can be outraged that they won't tell you either ?
Syil looks like to me

My machine tool dealers don't keep any secrets about the brands of machines they sell or who makes them. They'll even give me the direct contact info, if I have trouble finding it myself. And they provide support; training, parts, and service. What do you provide, or are you just a middle-man?

I’ve never understood those machines.
yeah they're kinda by themselves, niche. I see them used by people making computer related gadgets, liquid cooling components mostly. Aluminum brackets, Acrylic water blocks....
limited use machines really, but gantry style so large table, small space. but they are router so, high speed no torque.

I’ve never understood those machines.
Pretty much a joke IMHO. A quote from their website.....

Capable, Rigid, & Accurate​

Absolutely awesome just on the capability, and the rigidity, and the accuracy of these machines. There’s a film on the back of polycarbonate or lexan, and we can regularly machine completely through the 1/4 inch lexan and machine partway through the backside film.”

Being able to cut clear through 1/4 polycarb!!! Wow, so impressive.

Pretty much a joke IMHO. A quote from their website.....

Capable, Rigid, & Accurate​

Absolutely awesome just on the capability, and the rigidity, and the accuracy of these machines. There’s a film on the back of polycarbonate or lexan, and we can regularly machine completely through the 1/4 inch lexan and machine partway through the backside film.”

Being able to cut clear through 1/4 polycarb!!! Wow, so impressive.
Haha, Yeah sarcasm was intended. Not in our wheel house fo sho!

My machine tool dealers don't keep any secrets about the brands of machines they sell or who makes them. They'll even give me the direct contact info, if I have trouble finding it myself. And they provide support; training, parts, and service. What do you provide, or are you just a middle-man?
Seems like you have developed an irrational antipathy towards the service economy. I can kind of understand that but you're about forty years too late to make a difference.

Out of curiosity, if you wanted to rent a house in portugal for the summer, would you go over there and knock on doors for a month, or call up a realtor ?

What can we provide ? Shall we start with fifty years and two months of running, repairing, owning, buying and selling nc machines ? Twenty years plus of doing the same in China ? Experience in legalities, bank procedures, customs, shipping, and packing ? Years inside china companies observing how things are done? Some time spent on q/c ? And there's always the simple requirement of "说 , 小狗 !"

If you can do those things you don't need us. Yay, makes everyone happy.

Otherwise, I have seen some stuff that I find interesting and perhaps valuable to some people, at a very good price. That's what we can offer.

Out of curiosity, if you wanted to rent a house in portugal for the summer, would you go over there and knock on doors for a month, or call up a realtor ?
Realtors will share the address.

I know Yamazen buys Brothers from Brother. Not much of a secret. And I still go though Yamazen.

@mhajicek could send me his customer name and prints, in complete safety. I don't have a system optimized for those parts and I don't have his relationship with the customer.

I agree that, were someone buying and importing a Chinese machine, you could provide value. So why can't you say, "This here is the A1000X, here's the brochure and factory website; it costs $10K at the factory, $5K for shipping and customs, and $5K for my fee. $20K, please wire here." You wanting to hide the origin implies a dishonest markup in my mind; that may or may not be accurate but that is the impression I (and likely others) get.

Realtors will share the address.

I know Yamazen buys Brothers from Brother. Not much of a secret. And I still go though Yamazen.

@mhajicek could send me his customer name and prints, in complete safety. I don't have a system optimized for those parts and I don't have his relationship with the customer.

I agree that, were someone buying and importing a Chinese machine, you could provide value. So why can't you say, "This here is the A1000X, here's the brochure and factory website; it costs $10K at the factory, $5K for shipping and customs, and $5K for my fee. $20K, please wire here." You wanting to hide the origin implies a dishonest markup in my mind; that may or may not be accurate but that is the impression I (and likely others) get.
Exactly. Keeping secrets does not encourage trust. EGO still hasn't posted his company name or website; for all I know he's a lone guy with a phone.

Back