What's new
What's new

Pic Library?

Ox

Diamond
Search didn't find any threads already on this subject:

Has anyone found a way to their pic library?
I wanted to repost a pic the other day that I know that I have already loaded, but I had to go ahead and load it aggin as I don't find any list of previously loaded pics.

Maybe it could be like a Fanuc 0A, and you have to hit these few buttons in this order, and up pops the library?

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Well, there are pics there. Not mine tho.
I would expect a link to be available during the reply process?

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

But even what I have loaded thus far isn't there.

Doo you guys show your recent pics when you hit "Attach Files" ?

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Test reply. About to see if I can add one of my earlier posted images to this reply.

No, I can't find any way to get to the dozens of images I've previously added to earlier posts.
I suspect the "media albums" features is intended to serve this purpose, but I have no pre-loaded album corresponding to the previous BB software which let us access all images we ever posted through the "manage attachments" feature of post edit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ox
I am unsure what you are saying 100%.
Are you saying that you have loaded "dozens" of pics since the software change?
Or the ability to find your old pics from prior?

---------------------

Think Snow ERh!
Ox

There used to be a "go advanced" button that gave access to old photos. I don't find its equivalent.

My old albums are still here and I can easily get to them either with the Media menu, up above or with the old URL that I saved many years ago in my Bookmarks. Yes, that old link still works. Here is a photo that I uploaded years ago.

Strange thing here is that I can not find the BB code which will directly display the image in the post. But I could find a BB code for the album it is in. Here it is: I want to see just what it does.

One thing I noticed under the Media drop down menu is that Browse Albums takes you to any/all other albums. If you want your albums then select Your Media or Your Albums.

As for new uploads, I will try one now using the Attach files button below this text window:

Untitled.jpg

OK, that worked but I don't think it went into any of my albums. No, I checked and it is not in any of my albums.

So, what about uploading to an album and then linking to it? Again using the Media drop down menu up above I selected Add Media. Then I was able to select an existing album or create a new one. After uploading the image AND SAVING IT, I was able to find the links that I could copy by scrolling down a bit - actually QUITE a bit. But the links were there.

full

So, in conclusion, my albums are still there. Navigation to them still works, but is a bit confusing. You can upload to an album outside of the post/insert image process. And if you do it that way, you have a choice of links, including the BB or IMG code which directly displays the image in a post. The old link to the albums still works. But if you want to display an image that was already in one of the albums you have only one link type available. The first link in my post is an example of this.

In the process of making my previous post I discovered that my favorite way of including photos, the BB or IMG link, actually is still available. I like that method of including photos and illustrations because the reader does not need to click on the image to see it. The creators of these BB programs should make that method of including photos easily and universally available.

In case you can't tell, I really don't like clicking on thumbnails or links without even that much of a clue of what it leads to. BB/IMG links rock and the rest ... blaah!

I am unsure what you are saying 100%.
Are you saying that you have loaded "dozens" of pics since the software change?
Or the ability to find your old pics from prior?
I don't think I have posted any images since the SW change, so I will do one now. I meant that there is no album populated with the prior-to-SW-change images.
22J threads keyway.jpg
Added in edit: OK, that image does not auto-appear in any album for me.

Unlike EPAIII, I never explicitly created an album before the SW change, as I found the "manage attachments" gave me access to all the images I had already used. So, no albums then, none now, no apparent way to get the earlier images except find them on my computer and repost them. Which is a bit maddening, because my old posts have the old images, so the SW migration obviously captured all that stuff including images.

Have you tried the

Your Media

choice in the

Media (the down ARROW, not the word)

drop down menu in the red and gray bar immediately above the messages?

When I click on that I am taken to a long list of my prior photos. And in spite of the fact that they are in folders, that list is NOT organized in those folders. Just one after another, seven pages worth.

I don't think I have posted any images since the SW change, so I will do one now. I meant that there is no album populated with the prior-to-SW-change images.
View attachment 374165
Added in edit: OK, that image does not auto-appear in any album for me.

Unlike EPAIII, I never explicitly created an album before the SW change, as I found the "manage attachments" gave me access to all the images I had already used. So, no albums then, none now, no apparent way to get the earlier images except find them on my computer and repost them. Which is a bit maddening, because my old posts have the old images, so the SW migration obviously captured all that stuff including images.

Right after the big change I asked for a copy of the listing of the 3,000 odd images I posted over the 18 years - not a peep in return.

Now I hear about this business and that is someone's media, certainly not mine

Posted by others, not me
:D

"The arrow"

Well, that does bring up a slightly different menu, but still there's nothing there.
I don't know that I ever loaded anything to an "album".

Have you loaded anything since the new software?
And if so, did you load it to an album?
I have loaded a pic'r two in the last day'r two and I don't know that I have seen anything indicating an "album".
Have you?

---

John, wouldn't it be ass_u_med that you already have a copy of them yourself?

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

In post #9 above I showed examples of two photo uploads I made yesterday. One was from the "Attach Files" button below the new post window and the other was made by going to my albums and uploading from there.

The first one did not get stored in any of my albums. But the second one did allow me to file it in an album.

I have always found the albums to be a nice way to find photos that I already uploaded. Unfortunately the BB software folks seem to be getting away from them and new versions of some BB software completely dispenses with them.

"The arrow"

Well, that does bring up a slightly different menu, but still there's nothing there.
I don't know that I ever loaded anything to an "album".

Have you loaded anything since the new software?
And if so, did you load it to an album?
I have loaded a pic'r two in the last day'r two and I don't know that I have seen anything indicating an "album".
Have you?

---

John, wouldn't it be ass_u_med that you already have a copy of them yourself?

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Right after the big change I asked for a copy of the listing of the 3,000 odd images I posted over the 18 years - not a peep in return.

Now I hear about this business and that is someone's media, certainly not mine

Posted by others, not me
:D
No need to devote much time & energy here trying to help others anymore.
Disgusting treatment of long time contributors here as of late.

Indeed I do - in dozens of folders. It seemed nice - at least to me - that PM had all that in one place - though apparently not anymore. :D

"John, wouldn't it be ass_u_med that you already have a copy of them yourself?"

In post #9 above I showed examples of two photo uploads I made yesterday. One was from the "Attach Files" button below the new post window and the other was made by going to my albums and uploading from there.

The first one did not get stored in any of my albums. But the second one did allow me to file it in an album.

I have always found the albums to be a nice way to find photos that I already uploaded. Unfortunately the BB software folks seem to be getting away from them and new versions of some BB software completely dispenses with them.

OK, I get it ... So you were NOT using the "Attach" button at the bottom at all?
You stored the pic in the link above first, and then embedded it yourself?

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

One thing I dont understand- if I go back to an old post I made, the photos I uploaded to the old PM are still there. So the photos made the transition. But if i go to media, I am told I have no media and no albums. They are there, but how do i get to em?

Have you tried the

Your Media

choice in the

Media (the down ARROW, not the word)

drop down menu in the red and gray bar immediately above the messages?
Yes, I tried that. I get nothing in "Your Media". No albums, no content, just "sfriedberg has not added any albums" and "sfriedberg has not added any media". When I select "Browse Albums" I get a 139 pages of photos, and as far as I can tell, none of them are mine, although I have not had the patience to page through all 139 pages.

Back