What's new
What's new

Possible South bend steady rest

Andeo1025

Plastic
I was shopping on ebay last week and saw what I thought was a South bend steady rest that might fit my 9a. I didn't have a chance to get measurements from my lathe, and took a shot. I got it today and it's a good bit too big for my lathe. Now I'm trying to figure out what it fits so at least I know what I have. It looks to be about 6.5 inches to center which would mean a sb13 maybe. Any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20230109-222932_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230109-222851_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230109-222902_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230109-222909_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I was shopping on ebay last week and saw what I thought was a South bend steady rest that might fit my 9a. I didn't have a chance to get measurements from my lathe, and took a shot. I got it today and it's a good bit too big for my lathe. Now I'm trying to figure out what it fits so at least I know what I have. It looks to be about 6.5 inches to center which would mean a sb13 maybe. Any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

Much larger than the 10L rest.

View attachment 383596View attachment 383597View attachment 383598View attachment 383599
i too have been searching for a 10L center rest but all seem to be for a "regular 10" at least according to the listed pics with a tape measure in them. the confusion i am finding is two fold, first i have not actually seen a pic of a center rest on a 10L to know what i am too look for/at in the fitment of it. (a fact that i was going to request of an owner of a 10L might post a pics of their lathe with the center rest on the way/s)
by beginning a new thread for just the purpose of the pic/s. only need one good one with good lighting to determine how it is supposed to fit on the ways.
second all the measurements on the base are less wide then the same measure position on my 10L leading me to believe that the ebay listing folks do not really know what they are listing?
none of the listers i have contacted about numbers state that there are none on the piece.
even if i did have numbers where do we go to match them up with our 10L's? I keep looking for these lists i read about but still am finding not the same info for me as for those that write it in their replies. any help and/or the above mentioned pic will be appreciated.

Attachments

• s-l16001.jpg
    s-l16001.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 4
  • s-l16002.jpg
    s-l16002.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 4

Back