What's new
What's new

Problem with table DMU 60P

CncFan01

Plastic
Hi everyone!

I own a 1999 Deckel Maho DMU60P (5axis table/table).

I have a problem with the table. Table moves freely 0.25mm, this also manifests itself during processing, most often during drilling, and I can also move it with my hands (I will attach a video).

At the same time, the axis of rotation and tilt work properly, but due to the backlash, it is almost impossible to process parts.

Perhaps it is necessary to dismantle the table, if so
I have a question about dismantling the table to know how it is done in case of some kind of incident.

If someone had experience in removing this kind of tables, tell me if there are any nuances in dismantling.

If I unscrew 12 bolts in a circle and 4 in the center and carefully lift the table (I will attach a photo), will I be able to lift it without damaging anything inside the table. It's interesting to hear how it's done.

Perhaps someone has drawings or a technical manual for these machines. It would be useful for me too.

I will be glad for any help.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 21
  • table2.jpg
    table2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 23
  • table.mp4.zip
    600 KB · Views: 6
Worn out or misaligned worm gear?

Those 12 bolts likely bolt the table onto a big flange, that has the worm gear attached to it.
At least that how it's done on Deckel 2038 table.
Unscrew those 12 bolts, put a chain hoist, engine lift... whatever directly above it, with some elastic material, like climbing rope attached to like 3 eye bolts inside T-slot nuts.
Then pretension the rope, a little tappitap with plastic mallet, and see, if it lifts.

Does it have table/C-axis encoder? If so, be careful to not smash it.
That's why you want to lift from directly above and not wrestle the table down.

Hi,
This table has no worm gear!!!
Just screwing off the top plate and pulling it out with a crane will cause serious damage to the system!!!
How can you dare to give such advices if you have absolute no idea how this table is build?
I just wonder why.

Obviously the table has no mor preload in the gear and that will cause the problems.
The table has a strait gear wheel under the plate and two mechanically preloaded Cyclo drives are engaged over a tooth belt as you can see in the second picture!
To preloaded the System again follow this procedure:
  1. Open brake of the servo motor
  2. Check the tension on the tooth belt, it should swing at a frequence of 33 Hz with no preload on the gear. The measurement is done at the longer side between drive and Cyclo gear
  3. Block one cyclodrive with an allen key
  4. Loosen Spieth element n the other cyclodrive so the the toothwheel can spin freely
  5. Preload the cyclodrive with a torque of 5Nm.
  6. Tighten the Spieth element again while the cyclodrive is still preloaded
  7. Check the tension on the tooth belt again. It should now swing at a frequency of 43 Hz.
You are done!

Kinde regards
Stephan

Hi,
Just screwing off the top plate and pulling it out with a crane will cause serious damage to the system!!!
How can you dare to give such advices if you have absolute no idea how this table is build?
I just wonder why.

Obviously the table has no mor preload in the gear and that will cause the problems.
The table has a strait gear wheel under the plate and two mechanically preloaded Cyclo drives are engaged over a tooth belt as you can see in the second picture!
  2. Check the tension on the tooth belt, it should swing at a frequence of 33 Hz with no preload on the gear. The measurement is done at the longer side between drive and Cyclo gear
  4. Loosen Spieth element n the other cyclodrive so the the toothwheel can spin freely
  7. Check the tension on the tooth belt again. It should now swing at a frequency of 43 Hz.
You are done!

Kinde regards
Stephan
Thanks for the advice! I will try, I hope it works.

Hi,
I just wonder why.

You are done!

Kinde regards
Stephan
If someone encounters such a problem, then know that this method really works. I managed to fix the problem. Many thanks to Deckel Fan!

Back