What's new
What's new

Programs above 9000 cannot be created. Fanuc OMD

marsheng

Aluminum
I have a FANUC OMD and after the battery power was lost. Had to reenter the parameters, PMC and macros.

I can't however enter the macros O9020 and O9021. Have set parameter 0010 # 4 to a 1 but still cannot upload the files. Get Error 074 File name error.

Trying to rename an existing program to O9020 also gives Error 074. Anything above and including 8000 gives an error.

Something else is stopping access to 9000+ files.

Any suggestions ?

Make sure that parameter 3202 bit 4 (for 9000 series programs) is a "0" for editing.
Parameter 3203 bit 0 is for 8000 series programs.

Make sure that parameter 3202 bit 4 (for 9000 series programs) is a "0" for editing.
Parameter 3203 bit 0 is for 8000 series programs.
He's working with a 0 control, not a 0i, he won't have those parameters.

Quick rant: The parameters in a 0 control have nearly NO sense in how they are organized. Unlike later generations where they are grouped up in categories, they seemed to have just stuffed random parameters in random numbers that were open at the time.

To give a quick example, 10 bit 4 = 0 unlocks 9000 programs as he mentioned above.
389 bit 2 = 0 unlocks 8000 programs.

He's working with a 0 control, not a 0i, he won't have those parameters.

Quick rant: The parameters in a 0 control have nearly NO sense in how they are organized. Unlike later generations where they are grouped up in categories, they seemed to have just stuffed random parameters in random numbers that were open at the time.

To give a quick example, 10 bit 4 = 0 unlocks 9000 programs as he mentioned above.
My error, I thought he had a 0i-D.

......Quick rant: The parameters in a 0 control have nearly NO sense in how they are organized. Unlike later generations where they are grouped up in categories, they seemed to have just stuffed random parameters in random numbers that were open at the time.

I think that's because most of the firmware for the 0 series had its roots in the older 2 and 3 series controls. As things were added, parameters for new functions had to be stuck at the end of the list.

Not sure if I should start a new post as it make it easier for future searches from others.

Should be labeled IO connections from Fanuc to the outside world.

Still trying to get the toolchanger to work. X20.5 is the door interlock bit. Opening and closing the switch on the door does not change X20.5 The wire 333 does goes from 0 to 24v respectively. This wire goes into a YANG PCB and that feeds the IO card. It is a A16B-2203-0110. How can I trace which input X20.5 is on the card? I was hoping to temporarily hardwire it.

Bit hesitant to remove the PCB from the machine and trace the circuit as it has lots of wires connected to it. Asking for trouble.

Attachments

• PCB.JPG
    PCB.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 4
Not quite as many wire as this photo and it was 1 of 5 cabinets that ran a cardboard making machine. That took me 7 months to get running correctly.

Attachments

• Cabinet in progress.JPG
    Cabinet in progress.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 3
Whooooooooooo I got it all running. Tool changer works (well without tools)

I got an IO pinout from Fanuc NZ and the removed the PCB (yes taking a chance) and traced X20.5 from the connector back to the Yang PCB. Luckily it was a 2 sided PCB and with a light managed to track the lines back to wire input 301. What, the door switch was 333. Fortunately I have a good set of manuals and here I found the answer. The link was missing. Put that in and away it went.

Nearly 6 months of working on it every day, but now it's a new machine and a I'm lot smarter. Thanks everyone. Where do I send the beers ?

Attachments

• Wire301.JPG
    Wire301.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Back