What's new
What's new

Puncture Resistant insoles?

They look comfortable, but "breathable mesh" is a no-go for me. I forge and weld. I think I'm allergic to hot metal or something, cause every time I touch it I get these blisters. They hurt, too.

Seems like some people love it. Ever see someone get a hot weld BB in their ear or in their shoe? They just drop what their doing and start hooting, hollaring, and dancing. Seems sort of unprofessional, but to each their own.

I don't think I would try them either in the shop because they look like they might be a magnet for hot chips too! Last thing I need at the end of the day is to cut a gash in my arm taking my shoes off. I've been screwed before by ads on social media where the marketing team puts together some power points for a cool looking product but when you get it the stuff is junk.

I do think the shoes look interesting though and must be some new kind of mesh material I haven't played with before. Also living in a high humidity environment I've yet to see a glued on gum sole that can stand the test of time.

Working with high DC elevator motors my dad had to wear nail-less shoes, that high DC on a damp day could jump a great distance, and with often standing on a steel floor nails construction in your shoes would not be good.

I don't think I would try them either in the shop because they look like they might be a magnet for hot chips too! Last thing I need at the end of the day is to cut a gash in my arm taking my shoes off. I've been screwed before by ads on social media where the marketing team puts together some power points for a cool looking product but when you get it the stuff is junk.

I do think the shoes look interesting though and must be some new kind of mesh material I haven't played with before. Also living in a high humidity environment I've yet to see a glued on gum sole that can stand the test of time.

I don't think shoe soles should be attached solely (pun intended) with glue. Even if you don't want (or can't) have metal in the shoes, they at least aught to be stitched on.

Current type safety boots have a foam polyurethane sole moulded onto the upper which holds the boot together.....its a crappy cheapness copout,and the poly -U fails at about 3 years ,and the boot comes apart.......but thats progress.........The old guy (decd) lived next to me was an artifical limb and bootmaker making corrective footwear......but he also made custom work boots ..$2000 a pr......and he reckoned he made no money at that price.

Current type safety boots have a foam polyurethane sole moulded onto the upper which holds the boot together.....its a crappy cheapness copout,and the poly -U fails at about 3 years ,and the boot comes apart.......but thats progress.........The old guy (decd) lived next to me was an artifical limb and bootmaker making corrective footwear......but he also made custom work boots ..$2000 a pr......and he reckoned he made no money at that price.

I almost always wear Western style boots. Every pair I have has the sole stitched to the upper. Given, they're not cheap boots, but they're not crazy expensive, either - few hundred dollars. I don't believe I've ever seen Western boots without stitched soles.

On the other hand, my hunting boots - again, not hand-made, but still good quality lace-up boots, have glued on soles. They have a Gore-Tex waterproof membrane, so maybe they were worried about sewing through that when they put the soles on? Not sure - not a boot maker.

Back