What's new
What's new

QC30 spindle swap

86turbodsl

Cast Iron
Does anyone have a line on a QC30 spindle for a 1J head? Or a whole head? I'd like to swap to QC tooling, for z repeatability and how short i am. I'm aware the holders are harder to find. I don't have that much R8 stuff anyway.

Unsure what a 1J head is.....I have a QC spindle for a Bridgeport variable speed head.
I would think a power drawbar with the R8 collet setup would be far cheaper in the long run......

Kevin

Sorry i meant the normal series 1 variable speed J head. I live in machine tool mecca. There's holders everywhere cheap. I am looking for the z repeatability and not using a drawbar. We've got 2 Kurt power drawbars at work and they're nothing but trouble.

Sorry i meant the normal series 1 variable speed J head. I live in machine tool mecca. There's holders everywhere cheap. I am looking for the z repeatability and not using a drawbar. We've got 2 Kurt power drawbars at work and they're nothing but trouble.
What is the length difference of the spindle of a J head versus the 2J head? I have a QC30 Kwik-switch spindle that is about 21 7/16” long. Trying to find an R8 spindle of the same length.

Back