What's new
What's new

Question about adding a battery socket to my Cold-fire II board.

Turbo442

Aluminum
My 2007 SL10 has a Coldfire II board. (USB and 15” color LCD). It does not have a socketed battery, the battery is soldered to the board. This board also does NOT have the pins to connect an external battery to the board. I do have one of the HAAS battery back up kits new in the box. There is nothing wrong with me pulling the coldfire II board and soldering the backup battery kit wires directly to the battery tabs on the board right? I would cut the tabs to the original battery after the new batteries are installed. Obviously I would do a backup first. I’m not getting a low voltage error Just figure I might as well be prepared. Am I missing anything?

I watched a Haas tech do this to my 2015 mill. I believe it had the pins though to plug the battery board in. From my memory, the machine was on he stuck the pack to the inside of the cabinet, connected the plug with batteries and snipped on the one from the board. I would call Haas and ask a tech you specific situation however. Basically you always want to make sure a good battery is connected and backing things up. I do know he did a backup of the machine before doing this just in case.

My 2007 SL10 has a Coldfire II board. (USB and 15” color LCD). It does not have a socketed battery, the battery is soldered to the board. This board also does NOT have the pins to connect an external battery to the board. I do have one of the HAAS battery back up kits new in the box. There is nothing wrong with me pulling the coldfire II board and soldering the backup battery kit wires directly to the battery tabs on the board right? I would cut the tabs to the original battery after the new batteries are installed. Obviously I would do a backup first. I’m not getting a low voltage error Just figure I might as well be prepared. Am I missing anything?

There should be pins on the board.
Connect then clip the old one off.
That’s how the tech did mine

Back