What's new
What's new

Questions about my Orange Vises

Actually Ill just let Eric implement any of these designs, I'm too busy.
When the set screw is tightened into the brass pin, the pin is pushed out the bottom, as the set screw is released the brass pin is allowed to raise.

I’ve run into the same issue. I assume your talking about single station operation with rear jaw fixed, as the brake stops this from happening in dual station. My setup guy had the whole carrier assembly bang to the bottom of the tombstone. Trying to catch the whole carrier assembly for 26’ length vise didn't seem like a great idea. We made a plastic block that we put between the bottom of the tombstone and carrier. Nothing fancy but it works. As soon as the rear jaw comes off, the whole carrier assembly rests on the plastic block. Is picture below similar to single station application your using it in? Just with parts much bigger in Y?1D5C2ECA-BA1D-4690-8F11-1FD3003E85AD.jpeg

As soon as the rear jaw comes off, the whole carrier assembly rests on the plastic block.

When you switch from dual to single, if you close the front station (top on the horizontal) with or without a piece of stock, then release the brake on the rear station, the carrier+jaw weight is resting on the center jaw. You can then remove the rear jaw and open the carrier to the correct position for single station use. Install the rear jaw with pins, then remove the center and top. No more dropping the whole carrier.

When you switch from dual to single, if you close the front station (top on the horizontal) with or without a piece of stock, then release the brake on the rear station, the carrier+jaw weight is resting on the center jaw. You can then remove the rear jaw and open the carrier to the correct position for single station use. Install the rear jaw with pins, then remove the center and top. No more dropping the whole carrier.
That was legit a great tip! Thanks!

Back